Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
fastdawg
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't understand why it isn't here yet. It's only about 11PM, aren't we special anymore?

:soap:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
We always thought you were special!!

·
fastdawg
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, you're all special to me too! But hey, it's only Sunday night, what's wrong with these guys at Windrestrictor! LOL

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
14,073 Posts
Good for you! It's definitely worth the wait.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
They shipped it. It is the post office

·
fastdawg
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well maybe my son will install it when he inherits the car and it gets delivered in 5 to 10 years. It'll get delivered by the post office, but no one will know what's its for then. You guys let him know for me! You have to promise me that!

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I brought one! Clear Perspex and the cheap version with the Velcro straps and a MB decal in the middle- only £60 off eBay just couldn't stand trying to look through the netting in my mirror

·
fastdawg
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still can't figure out why mine isn't here yet, I ordered it 15 and a half hours ago! Damn this mail! :)

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I have seen and ordered other plexiglass wind deflecting products.. twice..and they were both returned. I am anxious to see what you think of it. The other products had warps and pits when the light showed through them and I cant put that on my car, you know how that works.

Make sure to take pictures when it's installed.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Sure but it was only a cheapo with a scratched in MB logo but it will do the trick until I can afford a good qualitybone

·
fastdawg
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have seen and ordered other plexiglass wind deflecting products.. twice..and they were both returned. I am anxious to see what you think of it. The other products had warps and pits when the light showed through them and I cant put that on my car, you know how that works.

Make sure to take pictures when it's installed.
Will do Chickie! I'm anxious to get it installed as it's going to start turning cold around here soon, and I can't show it off if the tops up! :D The one I ordered was the one from the company offering us the discount if 20 or more ordered. It at least looks nice in the pictures. I'm a bit anal about how it looks, so it better be right!

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Weirdest thing I have my Perspex wind deflector inboard of the safety hoops so almost vertical.

Driving at night I get a perfect view of the road markings and my satnav and the windscreen wipers in my rear view mirror reflected off the wind deflector!

Of course as soon as I get headlights behind me the view is clear

Maybe I should move the wind deflector to the outboard side of the hoops so that it is angled downward and forward and maybe won't reflect?

Anyone else had this problem?

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Will do Chickie! I'm anxious to get it installed as it's going to start turning cold around here soon, and I can't show it off if the tops up! :D The one I ordered was the one from the company offering us the discount if 20 or more ordered. It at least looks nice in the pictures. I'm a bit anal about how it looks, so it better be right!
I have heard nothing but stellar reviews from windrestrictor. And they ALL look crystal clear.

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
14,073 Posts
nice, nice, nice...I lilkey!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congratulations, looks great! Hmm I ordered mine a week ago and the money processed but mine is in limbo I guess as it still shows processing, oh well one of these days :)

·
fastdawg
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hopefully you'll see yours soon. It didn't take very long at all, but man, at night it really stands out. LOL, looking in the rear view mirror right now just reminds you of what you're driving, as if anyone ever forgets!

·
Registered
82 Posts
i too couldn't resist the group buy and caved in for the clear. Wish i can afford the graphic etching but could not with all the group buy (smarttop) and mods lately. Well, it may not look as nice like yours but at least it is functional for me

1 - 20 of 32 Posts