Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have owned a 97 C230 that is my Son's car for 5 years, and he still loves it. I am in the market for a superior example of a SLK 320, and am finding its getting hard to find a nice one. Mostly seeing high miles multiple owner tired cars.

there is one for sale here that caught my eye. hope to hear back from the seller.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/68666-new-used-vehicle-pickup-checklist.html

get the vin to see what the options are:

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-request-datacard-free-us.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Hi and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

·
*Premium Member
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,284 Posts
I am in the market for a superior example of a SLK 320, and am finding its getting hard to find a nice one. Mostly seeing high miles multiple owner tired cars.
Hi and welcome.

I'm much in the same boat - looking for an SLK320. I've seen two and just missed out on one but I'm waiting till Sunday to see a third. Hopefully that will be The One. You'll all know on Sunday 0:)
Thinks might be different over there but I've found some that look as if they have low-ish miles but they also need an imminent service or new tyres, both of which put the effective price up if you're not careful!! It may be worth buying a more expensive one than looking for a bargain and then find it's due a Service B. Of course, if you're expecting to service it when you get it to check it's all in order, then the bargain may be the way to go!!

Happy hunting!

Martin

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
902 Posts
Welcome from Southern Maryland!

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
Welcome from Hillsboro, Oregon! May I assume that you're new to Mercedes-Benz? High miles doesn't necessarily mean tired, it just means driven a lot. If the car has been well maintained the number on the odometer doesn't matter all that much. All these cars will go a couple of hundred thousand miles with mostly routine service. They are designed to be maintained and to function as new when worn parts are replaced.

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
14,633 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
since i joined yesterday, i ended up finding 3 potential cars all within 45 miles of me. Funny, they are all silver and look identical in the photos. Hope to go see at least two of them in the next few days.

Beg to differ on the mileage--my son's 1997 C230 was high mileage when we got it and has gotten up near 200K now in the past 5 years. It needed literally a full front end rebuild plus it has had a lot of other high mileage related issues-a small leak developed, wear on the interior, sand blasted windshield and front end, rubber parts going bad like fuel lines, evap stuff, etc.. His car is still a great car for what we paid for it, and I did all the work on it myself, but I find its best to get a lower miles car if you can, all other things being equal. Eventually lots of stuff wears out slowly but surely, and the cars start to loose the like new crispness unless you are willing to swap out a whole lot of parts, which is not cost effective. You can of course get a low miles lemon as well, but I am holding out for something that is exceptional condition with well under 100K miles. they come up, as people often use these as second "fun" cars.

Drove mt first SLK 320 two days ago. It had issues and was not as nice as it was described to be, but I could tell I liked the format. Loved the sound of the engine, the way the auto shifted manually, the nice grunt of the engine and the wide power band, and the steering and cornering feel. Seats were comfortable, and the ride quality was good fro a small car. Ihave driven the earlier SLK 230's (pre facelift) and didn't like those quite as much. Almost bought an SLK 350 last year, but the serial number fell in those cars affected by the class action lawsuit for catastrophic internal engine failures. that scared me off. that is why I settled on an SLK 320. will report back what I find on my test drives.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
Get the vins to get the datacards to see what they have as options

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.