Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
just got my 2006 SLK 55 AMG excited to start working on it,

anyone know of some shops that work on these cars who can do a few things, I know for sure I want to get done:

- Smart top
- need to replace brake pads

and im possibly thinking of asking them to run an aux cable from my glove box to the ash tray, has anyone done this before?

sorry im just posting a bunch of random questions, ill browse the forum but thought id introduce myself.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. Congratulations on your new car.

SmartTop is an easy DIY - if you don't feel confident, turn up at one of the regular SoCal meets and I'm sure you'll get help.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the SLK owners club. You will get a rush every time you drive your new MB. Use this forum often, the answer to most every general question you have can be found somewhere in these threads if you know where to look. Good luck on making your Benz "your own" through mods. The smart top is a GREAT place to start, you will love it. My wife and I also enjoy and appreciate the windscreen which cuts down greatly on the wind buffeting at speed. I would recommend you put this item on your "to-consider" list.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

And black is beautiful!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from the county just north of you.

1. SmartTop installation is available :) Are you getting the SmartTop fromSLKStore? Try to say hi to newbies and get at least 15 people so you can send PM. Let us know what days are good for you to travel north.

2. Which brake pads need to be replaced? Front? Rear? Perhaps a brake flush if it has been 2 years since the last. I can refer you to an indy at Laguna Niguel, freeway close, family-owned.

3. Bleen has experience on removing the center console panels (cigaretter lighter, etc), if you want to thread the male-to-male connector to the AUX. Another place may be at the passenger footwell storage net area.

Edit: PM sent :)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
There are several active members in your area:

Durkatlon (fearless pathfinder),
PWSLK (soon-to-be R172 350 owner, ordered to spec),
mbpaul (R170 - good at disassembling the dash).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone,
for the brakes, the front need to be replaced right now and im not sure about the condition of the rear, or when the brakes were flushed last ill have to look into the service records from the previous owners

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,915 Posts
Hey, as Eddy mentioned, I'm near you (in Santee). Eddy is the master SmartTOP installer in our area and although I wasn't going to offer his services, since he's already done it himself, I'll endorse his services :D. He's done my SmartTOP and many, many others in the area.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
thanks everyone,
for the brakes, the front need to be replaced right now and im not sure about the condition of the rear, or when the brakes were flushed last ill have to look into the service records from the previous owners
If the mileage is around 40K, check to see if transmission filter and fluid change has been done by previous owner.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,295 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from Carlsbad, Ca.
SmartTop is a must do, first mod.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Congrats on the 55 and let the modding begin, but be warned mods become addictive as I well know!!:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts