Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
106,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the r171 SLK 55 AMG.

Spoke to Cory at Kleemann USA, Inc. in Colorado earlier.

I asked:
So it is true no more super chargers being made by Kleemann for SLK 55 AMG R171s?

His reply:

Yup- they were discontinued several years ago due to simple fact that the installed price of a brand new system was higher than most of the cars it fits on are worth. There are certainly exceptions like G wagon’s, later SLK55’s, W210 E55’s are starting to come up in value, but the market for $10-15K worth of upgrades on these older cars has pretty much dried up at this point in time. We produced them for as long as we possibly could, before it didn’t make any financial sense anymore.

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
18,638 Posts
"Later SLK's"-->does that mean something exists for 172's??? As a buddy, could you ask him? On their website, only option for M152 is LSD.

One might hope although like he says, $15K in upgrades means about $22K CDN 🤞

·
106,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is nothing for r172
sorry. he meant later r171s like 2009-2011. I got the last one in 2016 :D

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,536 Posts
Only clicked 'Like' because there isn't a "Dislike" button 😢

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
18,638 Posts
Only clicked 'Like' because there isn't a "Dislike" button 😢
In most cases, I consider it an "acknowledged" button rather than a like (y)

·
* Premium Member
2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,731 Posts
Thanks for sharing, interesting I never thought the inventory would dry up.

·
106,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never happen! :D 4.5 years now with Super Charger

·
* Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
2,714 Posts
I got their headers, high flow cats and ecu mod back in 2009. Thought about the the supercharger but decided to get an E63 instead. Sorry to hear that the supply has ended.

Reactions: jbanks15

·
106,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhh to go back in time when SLK 55s were fruitful and multiplied with Super Chargers! :D

IMGP2698.JPG

·
* Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
2,714 Posts
Reactions: jbanks15

·
* Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG/2006 Kleemann 55K S8
1,156 Posts
There is a guy in ATL with the E55 Super Charger on his SLK. YouTube "Mini SLR." Gulf Coast Eurosports does the "top swaps" and supporting mods.

Gus//
Yeah, right over by Tampa for Jeff. Vincent is the owner of Gulf Coast.

I am not sure how the swap worked, the guy that has the car has gone silent on it. He did become a member on here a few months ago, but haven't seen him since. There are a few others that have done a similar swap and it works well. They swap the supercharger on, then put the M113k harness and ECU in it. Have to do some programming to get everything to work.

·
* Registered
2013 SLK350
2,196 Posts
I suppose if Kleemann doesn't see market for a SC for the R171 AMG, they prolly would have cancelled their ECU tune for the M276 motors.... Last I checked with them (2017), they told me they'd do a tune for a princely sum of $1200 + ECU shipment, to gain ca. 20 bhp :p :cry:

·
* Registered
2005 Crossfire SRT6
9 Posts
I got a email from Cory yesterday inquiring about the R170 Boost Kit (168 crank pulley, water pump & idler pulleys) and he told me they don't even carry these at the US location anymore. I was really wanting to source a smaller water pump pulley and had inquired about buying the one in the kit to no avail. I found a Billet pulley for around 100 bucks that will have to do I guess.

·
Administrator (UK)
34,931 Posts
Now that the SLK/SLC model range has been culled there is less money in proving kits.
Worse, MB is discontinuing parts in some instances.
Worth learning what parts from other 'more common' cars fits the bill.

·
* Registered
2005 Crossfire SRT6
9 Posts
Cory also mentioned that our cars are the only ones that use that belt, I am assuming he is talking about the 8 grooved belt, I really don't know. I was in hopes that I could find a smaller water pump pulley from another MB but that will not happen. MB seems to be like my Hondas, they use several common parts on several cars.

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
485 Posts
.... discontinued several years ago due to simple fact that the installed price of a brand new system was higher than most of the cars it fits on are worth.
Exactly why I didn't spring for one. I've been bank'in all my extra cash since then for a 427sc Cobra. That should meet the need.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts