Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SLK forum members.

I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Walter and I live in Tempe, Arizona (USA).

I just bought a glacier white 2001 MB SLK320 wit the 217 interior (magma red and anthracite) from the original owner on Sunday and cannot believe how great it is to drive! I am already preparing to fix any and every thing that is not perfect (the car is 16 years old).

I love this car and want it to last forever!

I have already ordered new valve cover gaskets, iridium spark plugs, brakes and rotors, leatherique kit with anthracite dye for the seats, magma red interior paint for the console and doors handles, and a custom sun shade for the windshield.

I want this car to look like it did the day it came off the line.

I am excited about being a member of the forum and will definitely be searching the forums for repairs / issues as I cannot afford to take it to the dealer for repairs.

I will definitely upload pics before and after the restoration efforts.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,351 Posts
Hi Walter, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

Look forward to seeing your pics. :tu:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,192 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
6,695 Posts
Hello Walter and welcome from Mersea Island, Essex UK

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,196 Posts
Welcome from Canada Walter :grin:

Great intro!!

For us Canucks, if you're interested in leather refinishing, the product Walter quoted (leatherique) is sold from Niagara On The Lake.

http://www.leatheriquecanada.com/contact-us/

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,277 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com from Northern California
:burnout::Beer:

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
2,965 Posts
Welcome from Northamptonshire, England. :frown:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome from Southern California!

I do most of my own work on the car, or at least the diagnostics, thanks to the forum. I have also enjoyed the fun runs that we take from time to time. Watch this forum for the next one near you, or, better yet, ask for one when you get your car ready!

I know here is SoCal, the SLK enthusiasts really know how to drive these babies, and it's such a blast to go balls out through the winding mountain roads!

Enjoy that car!!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
Hi Walter, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,685 Posts
Hi Walter,
Welcome from Wirral, England.

Got a soft spot for the old R170s myself.
A one owner car form way back? Love it.

We have a free to enter monthly competition.
Entry is open from the 1st to the 15th of every month. You simply post a reply with 3 photos.
After the 15th we usually open a poll for members to vote on their favourite.
Here's the main thread:
ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

This month's entries:
http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/412769-february-2017-slkworld-com-ride-month-competition.html

Psst! Newbies with 170s won last year. Just saying. :tu:

As you say, they are older cars, so a link to R170 diy could come in handy.
No worries.
There's one in my signature below. :D

There are threads for Az meets and local info:
U.S. Southwest Region - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

I'm guessing nights in your area are pretty good?
Don't miss out on the SLK secret, top down, night time driving.

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Hello SLK forum members.

I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Walter and I live in Tempe, Arizona (USA).

I just bought a glacier white 2001 MB SLK320 wit the 217 interior (magma red and anthracite) from the original owner on Sunday and cannot believe how great it is to drive! I am already preparing to fix any and every thing that is not perfect (the car is 16 years old).

I love this car and want it to last forever!

I have already ordered new valve cover gaskets, iridium spark plugs, brakes and rotors, leatherique kit with anthracite dye for the seats, magma red interior paint for the console and doors handles, and a custom sun shade for the windshield.

I want this car to look like it did the day it came off the line.

I am excited about being a member of the forum and will definitely be searching the forums for repairs / issues as I cannot afford to take it to the dealer for repairs.

I will definitely upload pics before and after the restoration efforts.

Welcome to the forum Walter and congratulations on buying the 320 they are lovely cars, however one of the quirks of this model are the electrical faults that can cause various warning lights to come on on the display(or sometimes not) , buy a cheap OBD 2 scanner which will scan your cars computer and let you know whats going on , I bought a cheap one off Ebay for £12.00 and sorted all my electrical faults out myself, the first was the crankshaft sensor failing, without a reader it would have had to go to a garage so they are worth the investment, they are also very capable tourers I have done 650 miles in one go and felt ok at the end of the journey from the S of France to Calais.
Enjoy it they are great cars.
Regards Stuart.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,237 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts