Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh from Canada everyone! I've been hanging around abit, but figured I'd formally introduce myself. Today I officially paid for the 2006 Designo Graphite SLK55 I've been "looking" at, without ever seeing it :eek: . I live on Vancouver Island in B.C. and bought it from the opposite side of North America in Florida. The car is being shipped this week and should be here in 2 weeks or so. It was definately scary buying sight unseen (not over yet :p), but I probably saved about $9000 on the price of a comparable vehicle here :usa:.

Here are a couple pics (more to come once I get my grubby hands on the keys)

I'm already thinking about mods, let me know what you guys would recommend!

And most importantly I'd like to thank a couple members who have helped me out tremendously!

Der Flieger - Me and John have exchanged over 50 emails (I'm not done with you yet :p) about the buying and importing process. His experience and assistance have made this infinitely easier!

UK-C200 - UK John has responded to every one of my threads I think, with an answer to every question.

netmiami - I sent him a pm asking a question about a vehicle and his response was so thorough it didnt even fit in 1 pm haha.

And thanks to everyone else on the forum who have been very welcoming and helpful! Can't wait to have my own SLK!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations! Glad things worked out. Designo, very rare. Only the second active SLK 55 on SLKWorld.com. Enjoy.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,393 Posts
Congrats! and may i be the first to say:

Please update your vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’.

modding: get rid of the whip antenna. get smarttop. get clear side markers, daytime running lights (see my avatar)

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Well done Ryan!! The car looks great. May I suggest you get someone in the Clearwater area to be in the vicinity when it's ready for shipping and take lots of fotos...close ups...in case there is some shipping rash.

I was thrilled to be of some small assistance - a lot of people here were very helpful to me when we found our 350, so glad to return the favour and bring an SLK smile to another face.

PS are you going to wait to switch it over to Canuck mode or do it state side?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
She's a beauty, smarttop, most important mod to enhance your top up/down experience. Short stubby antenna, keep the whip one just in case of road rage. :)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Atlanta!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thats is one nice looking SLK. That color is great and sure it beats any of those other "old things" in the back ground. Hope you enjoy it and everything turns out good. Lets us know how the shipping went!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep, that designo Graphite is an awesome color, and I say that as a guy who has a designo Mocha Black ... The anticipation of waiting for it to ship from Florida must be killing you!:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone!

modding: get rid of the whip antenna. get smarttop. get clear side markers, daytime running lights (see my avatar)
These all sound like good ones! How hard to install is the smarttop?

Yep, that designo Graphite is an awesome color, and I say that as a guy who has a designo Mocha Black ... The anticipation of waiting for it to ship from Florida must be killing you!:)
Thanks, I love that Designo Mocha too! I found shopping for these cars that you cant be incredibly picky, but I lucked out and got one of my top 2 or 3 choices! Ya it is, and it's just getting started, hasnt even been picked up yet.

·
98,393 Posts

·
98,393 Posts
and update that profile private!!!!! add year! Ten Hut!!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts