Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
48 Posts
I"m not much into the all black scheme (too much of the Batman motif), so thought i'd add a splash of color. I'm planing on painting the calipers red in the future and thought this would be a good start to the color scheme. Might move to the upper center speaker grill next...

I sanded & scraped off all the rubbery material, then used a Krylon paint formulated for plastic. May need to let it set for at least 48 hours, buff and apply another coat to smooth it out.

Ignore all the wires. They're for the GPS, radar detector, 2 phones and BT/USB to FM transmitter. Yes, I'm a bit of a techy geek! :smile:

Whadya think? Yay or nay?

Jerry

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it would look good if you already didn't have the wood. Since you do, I think it clashes a little bit.
It didn't take long for me to decide it was too much red, too. Since I was covering the peeling clear-coat of the C-pillars with a CF patterned vinyl, I used some of the leftover material on the center console. It's not quite as shocking.
If I could find a wood pattern vinyl that actually matched the existing wood of the parking brake handle, I'd try that instead. There are a lot of them out there, but nothing I've found correctly matches. Maybe I'm too picky when it comes to wood grain and colors.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.