Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to get rid of the cheap continentals (on there when I bought it) and put on some General Exclaim UHPs. I've had these tires on my 944S, and currently on my G35 and LOVE them. Well, they work GREAT on the MBz too. They're much quieter too. Even though I only measure a 2dB decrease, I think the tone is lower and makes it less annoying. Seems like much more than 2dB.
Of course, I had to get rid of the 16" wheels too and switched to a 17" which makes a HUGE difference in handling.

The "before" pic (2 hours after I bought the car)

The "after" pic including the new grill

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
The new shoes look fantastic :tu:

Reactions: Todd157k

·
Registered
843 Posts
The new wheels and tires really look good Todd!

Reactions: Todd157k

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm really happy with them. I'm also getting about 2 mpg better mileage too!
I've got a couple big sweeper turns to/from work. I'm still working on them however I took this biggie last night at 80. (126 e to 5 so. for you locals). I'm pretty sure 90 is going to be about it.. but we'll see :burnout:

Disclaimer: above speeds may have been in km/hr. :bs:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey todd

Closer to making my purchase of an '01 slk with 61000, mi on it... Thanks for all your advice so far. I just happened upon this post and even more than your car's new shoes, I like her new "teeth"... i.e. That grill is SSSSSICK!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.