Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
Right, well I鈥檓 waiting till the end of the month. I鈥檒l take a look at all the entries and then decide; casting my one and only vote 馃お

Administrator (UK)
We have made the forum owners aware of member concerns.

As said, it is not the staff here that run this competition, but our owners wanted to try out this competition to deliver something to our members.

Highly unlikely that the old style poll will return.
The new system makes polls a [even mods cannot use some words] pain to use.

Let's see what feedback we get from both members and the forum owners.

*Registered
2006 SLK350
Just 14k miles silver Brabus r171 full spec factory options.. Park sensors. Electric heated scarf seats. Auto Climate control. Bilstein sports suspension package with H & R springs. Harmon karman multimedia sound system. Spare wheel/compressor unused. Even has the original Nokia mobile phone in the center console with the protective plastic screen cover still on it unused. Rare like this for a 16 year old motor car. Best drive so far 300km through Thai twisy mountain roads above the clouds with the roof down and the 4 tip Brabus exhaust note in my ears. Pure magic View attachment 598836 View attachment 598838 View attachment 598840
That is rare. Loving the front fog set up

* Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
Modifications:
Alpine stereo upgrade with full active DSP, 10鈥 subwoofer and rear cam
Switchable e-cutout exhaust valves
Carbon interior and exterior parts (32 parts)
Rear Console in Leather
Foglight delete and Side vents (BS style)
SmartTop
Paddle Gear shifters

I love taking the car out on long roadtrips and how it attacks mountain passes.

*Registered
2006 SLK350
We have made the forum owners aware of member concerns.

As said, it is not the staff here that run this competition, but our owners wanted to try out this competition to deliver something to our members.

Highly unlikely that the old style poll will return.
The new system makes polls a [even mods cannot use some words] pain to use.

Let's see what feedback we get from both members and the forum owners.
Just as side note, the location of the ROTM notification at the top is good. Perhaps it could read for the first 3 weeks 'enter your ride' then change in the last week to choose the ROTM. Just a thought. My instinct is to like every car (well we do all love the SLK) at the moment.

Administrator (UK)
Just as side note, the location of the ROTM notification at the top is good. Perhaps it could read for the first 3 weeks 'enter your ride' then change in the last week to choose the ROTM. Just a thought. My instinct is to like every car (well we do all love the SLK) at the moment.
VS will see this thread and comments.
Problem with your thought is we cannot prevent members using 'like' (nor would we want to) and there is no way to ensure folks adhered to the rule.

Perhaps VS Admin will open a separate thread for dialogue about what members want & what might be done.
We'll see.

I prefer to 'like' most entries as it is good to see support when you enter. I think many of us are the same.

Administrator (UK)
PPossum0425 had issues posting their entry and it did not display correctly.
This has now been resolved.

If you have not seen post 20 please take a look.

* Registered
2005 Crossfire SRT6
SRT-6 / R170 / M112k Platform. She was a Daily Driver for the young lady I bought it from but the Supercharger had stopped working so she sadly let it go to a New home. I had been trying to buy it for close to a year. My first one was a NA motor, both backed by the tough auto trans.

At 125k miles she's no spring chicken so I am doing the A&B service inhouse. Plugs with Federal wires, Stock exhaust with X pipe in place of the rear cats & Magnaflow muffler out back. $25.oo Belt Wrap kit with new belt along with SC service. Extra pulley I am turning down to 69mm and will later go "Stacked" 69/178. Needwings Dual Cold Air Intake off a SL55, Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS brake lines, always on IC pump mod, IC separator Kit with added cooler, AMG Rims with Lexani Tires, Tinted Glass. Fun and Fast & Heading to the Drag Strip ! Lets Go Racing!

Attachments

* Registered
2006 SLK280
OK-tough competition already I see but here is my entry.

Only mods are wheels and tires - the car had some horrible replacements on it when I bought so went to Tire Rack and ordered new wheels with tires.

Other than that bought glass windscreen for behind seats.

My favorite repeat memory is the first warm sunny day of every year with the top down, the car always turns heads!!!
View attachment 598980 View attachment 598982 View attachment 598983
maybe not the best car but it is the best photo . ( 3 rd photo )

* Registered
2006 SLK280
Just 14k miles silver Brabus r171 full spec factory options.. Park sensors. Electric heated scarf seats. Auto Climate control. Bilstein sports suspension package with Eibach springs. Harmon karman multimedia sound system. Spare wheel/compressor unused. Even has the original Nokia mobile phone in the center console with the protective plastic screen cover still on it unused. Rare like this for a 16 year old motor car. Best drive so far 300km through Thai twisy mountain roads above the clouds with the roof down and the 4 tip Brabus exhaust note in my ears. Pure magic View attachment 598836 View attachment 598838 View attachment 598840
( 1 st photo ) ,,, the front lip does it here , ( and the bilstein suspension )

21 - 40 of 45 Posts