Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
All the SLK
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the June Ride of the Month Competition!

download.jpg

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
* Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
5,846 Posts
Here ya go, 2002 R170 M113 V8 tuned 5.0 litre converted, bigger brakes all round, bilstein shocks, uprated springs, 76mm full exhaust with emotion butterfly, V8 Trans, AMG shift program, R171 Steering wheel with working paddle shifts, steering buttons control full android head unit with TPMS, Rev Cam, Navi, Active Sub and 4 x Component Speakers, SRT-6 200mph Cluster, all green interior illuminations, Brabus goodies, Brabus staggered 18" Wheels and 255 - 235 tyres....

7G Tronic Trans Conversion coming soon ;)

Favourite memory was driving over Bealach na ba with other SLK world members from UK

Favourite thing about the Car is 0-100 mph in 8 seconds best, averages low 9's ....

clickable :-

(y)

·
* Registered
2015 SLK55 AMG
820 Posts

·
* Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
139 Posts
Hiya mate.

Its called "Indium grey".
Sparkles in the sunlight and looks bronze in some lighting.
Thanks

Norman

·
* Registered
2000 SLK320
55 Posts
Here you go - my latest member of the family - like any new dad I am so proud of my natural beautiful baby - even though possibly compared to others she maybe a tad ugly?! At the moment though having only had her a month or so I love her with all my heart! ❤

SLK 320 Reg in 2000

sorry forgot to mention - no mods.
Heated seats
Bose sound system
92600 on the clock

·
5,846 Posts
(y) (y) (y)

even though possibly compared to others she maybe a tad ugly?!
LOL, that car of yours is absolutely mint especially considering her age (y) (y) (y)

Did you see that Silver 320 2000 year model I bought cheap for R&D purposes ???
Serious structural rot as well as rear wheel-arches and bonnet ;) I've been welding it up in spare time since the beginning of April 🤣 , almost finished it now ;)

For anyone interested and doesn't follow my V8 Project thread, the whole sorry saga starts here post #1476 ....

Then hop to post # 1494 and the further we go the worse it got :(

Light at the end of the tunnel now, since yesterday there is only one (left) inner wheelarch lip to weld in now, and then it will be time for filler and paintwork (rear outer arches have been replaced), service it and get it MOT'd and I can start the 7 G Tronic Conversion R&D ;)

·
* Registered
2004 SLK200
37 Posts
Just 14k miles silver Brabus r171 full spec factory options.. Park sensors. Electric heated scarf seats. Auto Climate control. Bilstein sports suspension package with Eibach springs. Harmon karman multimedia sound system. Spare wheel/compressor unused. Even has the original Nokia mobile phone in the center console with the protective plastic screen cover still on it unused. Rare like this for a 16 year old motor car. Best drive so far 300km through Thai twisy mountain roads above the clouds with the roof down and the 4 tip Brabus exhaust note in my ears. Pure magic

·
* Registered
2000 SLK320
55 Posts
LOL, that car of yours is absolutely mint especially considering her age (y) (y) (y)

Did you see that Silver 320 2000 year model I bought cheap for R&D purposes ???
Serious structural rot as well as rear wheel-arches and bonnet ;) I've been welding it up in spare time since the beginning of April 🤣 , almost finished it now ;)

Then hop to post # 1494 and the further we go the worse it got :(
Many thanks 👍 I too was amazed at how good it seemed for the age but it had lots going for it - 2 previous owners from new and full service history from the day it came out of the factory to the day I bought it!

First job I did was take it to my friend at the local garage who I had check it over - structurally sound - I had checked the previous MOT’s online beforehand and not one had mentioned any structural problems underneath - unlike quite a few I saw.

Having seen your project I duly tip my hat to you - no way do I have the time, skills or patience to take on something like that 😀👍

·
* Registered
2005 SLK350
135 Posts
Here's my pride and joy, 2005 SLK350, 6 speed manual, 120k km's, Cubanite silver with beige interior, factory AMG bodywork, sports suspension, 18" wheels, Piecha power converter (wich I love btw), otherwise bone stock, we went to the black forest, Germany, for a midweek, the short gears all of the sudden made sense going through the hills and upside hill turns, love the sound when revving it up to redline, fresh MOT and no sign of subframe rot or engine trouble, she's a keeper ;)

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,040 Posts
Admins. I’m still not sure how this voting thing works.
It says:
Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month.”
This suggests to me that I ought to wait till the last day, look at all the cars and then cast just one single vote. My arithmetic isn’t very good however, so please correct me.

·
* Premium Member
2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
2,857 Posts
Admins. I’m still not sure how this voting thing works.
It says:
Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month.”
This suggests to me that I ought to wait till the last day, look at all the cars and then cast just one single vote. My arithmetic isn’t very good however, so please correct me.
I'd be assuming that ".. on the last day of the month.." should be ".. by the end of the last day of the month.." ?

And given that this is an international forum, there should be a Time Zone.. UTC+/- whatever :unsure:

🙃

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
18,679 Posts
Time zones ARE an issue and PTB had been made aware during the last session.

·
5,846 Posts
So can we campaign for votes in other threads, asking for a friend 🤣

·
* Registered
2013 SLK350
2,196 Posts
Campaigning for votes can be a disqualifier.... best to not do it and let members decide by their own "Like" votes.. (y)

·
* Registered
2006 SLK280
10 Posts
OK-tough competition already I see but here is my entry.

Only mods are wheels and tires - the car had some horrible replacements on it when I bought so went to Tire Rack and ordered new wheels with tires.

Other than that bought glass windscreen for behind seats.

My favorite repeat memory is the first warm sunny day of every year with the top down, the car always turns heads!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts