Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rb

Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, June 16, 2012 for display of their cars at 10:30 A.M. in the parking lot at Starbucks (2990 E Capitol Expressway) on the corner of Tully Rd and East Capitol Expressway: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=205184576699688212683.0004c0e78afc69ff4e9bd

:burnout:We will leave around 11:30 on a California’s winding back roads up to Mount Hamilton and over the ridges that separate San Jose from the Central Valley ending up in Patterson. Lunch will be a Mountain Mike’s Pizza in Paterson (
1015 Sperry Avenue, Patterson, CA 95363). Lunch will be $10 for pizza and soda (tax and tip included). Salad can be added for $5. Amount might change by a dollar or two depending on the number of attendees and how many pizzas we order. For beer and wine everyone will be on their own.

ACTION REQUIRED: If you plan on attending lunch, please RSVP so we can get a headcount by at latest 6/12/12!

A drive map and more lunch info will follow in future to reminders.

On drive day you can call (925) 209-7200.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
New information - lunch change

NEW INFORMATION - LUNCH CHANGE

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]:tazz:Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, June 16, 2012 for display of their cars at 10:30 A.M. in the parking lot at Starbucks (2990 E Capitol Expressway) on the corner of Tully Rd and East Capitol Expressway: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=205184576699688212683.0004c0e78afc69ff4e9bd[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]:burnout:We will leave around 11:30 on California’s winding back roads up to Mount Hamilton and over the ridges that separate San Jose from the Central Valley ending up in Patterson. Lunch has been changed to the Lamppost Pizza ( 2985 Renzo Ln) in Paterson based on the suggestion from one of our members.

Menu [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif](attached) is now open for individuals to order anything off or we can order pizzas as a group. Depending on how people order it will be individual checks or a group one for the pizzas. :Beer:[/FONT]

An excellent map prepared by our leader, Kurt is also attached.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

ACTION REQUIRED: If you plan on attending lunch, please RSVP so we can get a headcount by at latest 6/12/12!

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]On drive day you can call (925) 209-7200. :tu:[/FONT]

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Gonna try again! :biglaugh: Can't partake in the journey but will try to meet ya'all for a cup of mud! Cheahk, keep her at 50 over the hump. Got stopped the other day by the CHP (there out in groves), let me off with a warning Cop
Maybe we can convoy to San Jose.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna try again! :biglaugh: Can't partake in the journey but will try to meet ya'all for a cup of mud! Cheahk, keep her at 50 over the hump. Got stopped the other day by the CHP (there out in groves), let me off with a warning Cop
Maybe we can convoy to San Jose.
Excellent...it will be great to finally meet you...:tu:

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,212 Posts
car ride

I just joined the forum... we usually go to the Santana Row meet ups on Saturdays and when Club Auto Sport has events on Saturdays, they take precedence. I'll ask my honey if he wants to go. He drives a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. We're into all types of cars so maybe at least we can meet up if I can drag him away from Santana Row.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just joined the forum... we usually go to the Santana Row meet ups on Saturdays and when Club Auto Sport has events on Saturdays, they take precedence. I'll ask my honey if he wants to go. He drives a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. We're into all types of cars so maybe at least we can meet up if I can drag him away from Santana Row.
We love meeting new SLK enthusiasts....hope you can come by...:Beer:

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,212 Posts
Just talked to my honey about Saturday's SLK meet/drive. Both of us will be there. Steve will bring his 2012 Corvette Grand Sport and be the sweeper for the ride. The Starbucks is just 10 minutes away from where we live so it's not too far for us. I'll take a look at the ride route before Saturday. See y'all there! :tazz:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just talked to my honey about Saturday's SLK meet/drive. Both of us will be there. Steve will bring his 2012 Corvette Grand Sport and be the sweeper for the ride. The Starbucks is just 10 minutes away from where we live so it's not too far for us. I'll take a look at the ride route before Saturday. See y'all there! :tazz:
Cool...our cars will match....we look forward to meeting you tomorrow...:tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Cool...our cars will match....we look forward to meeting you tomorrow...:tu:
Do demonstrate/show how the SmartTOP works on either R171 or R172.

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
What a great way to spend a Saturday morning. Thank you for your hospitality!

Well, just got into my office and I wanted to thank Steve (Motzokoman) and all the other Nor.Cal. SLK Enthusiasts for giving us "first timers" such a warm welcome. It was really nice finally meeting everyone and I look forward to seeing you all again in the near future. Special thanks to a new SLKWorld member cheahk (Kelvin) for taking the time to get together (and wait, I was a few minutes late) in Scotts Valley where the two of us traveled tandem to the meet. We journed up, over the summit and down the curvey mountain highway 17 to San Jose where we arrived at the Starbucks embarkation for lattes, show and tell! :)

I was so busy flapping my gums that I didn't take any pictures of the "meet" portion which was all I was able to attend. But, Motzkoman always does such of good photography job, and always accompanied by some very tasteful music! For all you other SLK'ers in other regions of the world, I think that there had to be at least 15 cars, 2 R-172's, 3 or 4 R-170's and several R-171's. I got the feeling that the majority of the members do not get on SLKWorld very often, so I will let you know that 1 member has a very nice, 2006 (I think) Red SLK 55 for sale (beautiful car). Original owner w/low 50K miles and asking $30,000 for it, just in case someone is in the market.

I demonstrated the SmartTop, several existing members had never seen the mod. in action. Then when slickBenzGirl arrived (in 2 cars, the new SLK250 R172 (nice car) and the Corvette Grand Sport (very nice car) I made it a point to show her how it worked.......but I think........she seemed rather unimpressed. She will probably read this tonight, so no doubt she will chime in and officially give her opinion as she reminds me of the type of woman that's not afraid to speak her mind. :tu:

To sum it up for me, what a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning. Really, I felt very comfortable around everyone, had some good laughs and felt as if I had found a "new" extended family. For a future run I would love to host a Central Coast drive. Afterwards, Ginger and I would love to have you to the house for Beer and BBQ.

Thanks again and Cheers to all!

Steve (Stinger)

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks Steve...great to meet you and our other new friends....just got back and will be pulling together pics and info in between other weekend commitments....stay tuned :rb

:Beer:

UPDATE
Total Represented = 18 SLK's
Total on Drive = 14 SLK's
R170 = 7
R171 = 9
R172 = 2

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was great meeting everyone today, I had a blast. I can't wait for the next event. It sounds exciting!

I'll post some photos later.

-K
When I get my pictures up, you and all other participants will get a link via email BCC to our shutterfly SLK page and can access and add to your desires :tu:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts