Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After meeting at the AMG performance Tour, V8SLK asked about a drive along PCH to enjoy the seabreeze in the late afternoon/early evening. This also avoids the intense noon time sun and is well suited for top down driving.

I also understand this is a very short notice and wanted to see if there's any interest and would be a great oppurtunity to meet others.

Is anyone free and interested for an afternoon drive on July 19th, Saturday, say around 4:30pm? (special mention to B55 :D)

We'll probably meet at/near the Long Beach marina (awaiting Tslick's specific suggestion), drive south along PCH (Pacific Coast Highway or Hghway 1) to Orange County - passing probably Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach and perhaps rest at Crystal Cove State Beach area (at/near Mastro's Ocean Club Restaurant). Take photos. Decide on dinner (maybe Japanese) in Irvine, or drive further south to the Montage Resort area in Laguna Beach and Ritz Carlton area in Dana point, and then dinner/snack/split.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hm I might be interested but its pretty short notice - whats the usual routine? Everyone just meets in a certain place at a certain time, drive for a bit etc?

Anything formal I should know?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Welcome slkluv, nothing special.

It will be a leisurely drive south from the LB marina to Dana Point, and back for some of us. Probably stop for a bite to eat some ware (suggestions welcome).

etyu should be updating the first post showing where to meet and the probable route soon.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update

Saturday, July 19th, 4:30 pm

Meet at parking lot just south of Joe's Crab Shack, 6550 E Marina Dr, Long Beach, CA 90803 (thank you again Tslick). Building with Cyan or bluish colored roof.

http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuSm9lJ3MrQ3JhYitTaGFjayUyYys2NTUwK0UrTWFyaW5hK0RyJTJjK0xvbmcrQmVhY2glMmMrQ0ErOTA4MDMlN2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9NTcuNzQ4MTI0OTgzMTE4MyU3ZS05My41MzA3NzM4MDg1OTk3JTdlOS42MTk2NzAxOTIyNDY4MSU3ZS0xNDEuNjU5MjI4NTk5NDcx

Here's link to driving route as provided by Tslick: south of Joe's Crab Shack

It's informal. Just to meet folks and go for a leisurely drive.

So far we have:

1. Tslick
2. V8SLK
3. etyu

slkluv, sure hope you can make it. Hopefully others from SoCal will chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Wish I could be there this time guys. Have a great time!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi to all!
Wish I could join you to all the trips you are organising every now and then, but unfortunately since I'm from Cyprus, it's so far away... :( Otherwise I'm very enthusiastic to this kind of leisure drives (Especially top down ones!!!) You must have very nice view with roads by the sea to enjoy! Have a nice time and you are welcome to Cyprus since we down here have also an enjoyable seabreeze! R)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill try and make it but no guarantees - its about 30 minutes from here!

Hope to see you guys then.

I live south of where you are. I'm in Lake Forest aka El Toro. PM me if you want me to swing by your place and caravan up north on the 405 to the 22 junction. :)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm hoping Sid, kungfudevil and others will chime in. I know there was one in Westminster but forgot who it was (OldTimer's disease :D).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Even though its in my area I can't make it this weekend. My gf already got tickets for us to see the Body Worlds exhibit at the CA Science Center.....maybe next time. Have fun though!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hey etyu,

I tried to PM you but apparently you need 15+ posts to do so. I'm going to be out and about on Saturday and not sure if ill be at home by the time you would be coming by.

I will likely be able to make the meet - hopefully ill see you all there! :)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey etyu,

I tried to PM you but apparently you need 15+ posts to do so. I'm going to be out and about on Saturday and not sure if ill be at home by the time you would be coming by.

I will likely be able to make the meet - hopefully ill see you all there! :)
That sounds great :tu:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See y'all tomorrow

So far we have:

1. Tslick
2. V8SLK
3. etyu
4. slkluv
5. hairypet55

Anyone else free to come tomorrow?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It was great to meet everyone today

Just wanted to say it was great to meet everyone today. Second, my apologies for being about 15 minutes late as the @#*&^% navigation took me to the wrong street about 2 miles away:(

As usual, thanks to Tslick for picking out the meeting spot with great parking and vista and for being the Pathfinder.

Below are some photos (didn't get to take much as I was late and we had more fun driving south along PCH to Dana Point Harbor).

Meeting place at Long Beach Marina just north of Orange County.

First Stop at Newport Beach area. Scott, I think the exhaust is louder than stock on acceleration and not overly loud.

Some of the houses were selling for a "reduced" price of $2.99 M (USD)

Some "rides" coming back to dock.

Dinner at Tomikawa's in Irvine:

Hairypet55's dinner bento:

My dinner with Miso rubbed mackerel and steak teriyaki:

SLKluv's combination sushi dinner:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was great seeing Tslick and V8SLK again and to meet new people, namely Hairypet55 and slkluv. :tu: It's always good to meet people, chat, and have a tasty dinner on a Saturday afternoon and evening.

·
Founding Member
114 Posts
Damn sorry I missed this. I just got back from a week at Boy Scout Camp with my son at Cherry Valley on Catalina. I would love to participate next time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts