Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all! Afterlooking for almost 1.5 yrs, I came across my perfect match - a 1999 SLK230 Kompressor with less than 48,000. I actually saw it posted on a Sunday, contacted the dealer, ran the car fax... and purchased it Monday, I couldn't wait to have it transported down, so I flew up to Chicago from Dayton OH on Tuesday to drive it home. Pulled in around 3AM but it was worth it.

The questions and posts that are already here have been a GREAT help on getting me familiar with "Roxy" from purchasing the touch up pens for the interior to the rearview mirror issues.

I look forward to your posts and hopefully will run across others here in Dayton or the surroundng area to get together

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,496 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member #12/Moderator

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks Jeff

Jeff - Thank you for the information and the "welcome". I retired from the AF in 2007 after 28yrs..(could have stayed for 30 yrs but it was time) great career with time in Kuwait, Iraq (during the war)and the UAE in 2003. Really enjoyed Kuwait and UAE!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.... Thank you for your Service!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to All

Thanks for the warm responses! I enjoy seeing fellow SLK owners from other countries on the site too - I had a chance to visit England several times with friends living in Ipswich. Wow, it must be a treat to take the car out while seeing the English countryside. You just can't stop at the weekend markets and load up.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Welcome from Indy! I hope to put together an SLK/SL meet in Eastern/Southeastern Indiana, possibly early this fall, maybe next June, so if you're interested, "we'd" welcome your joining "us".

If you'd like to get together for a weekend drive soon, let me know.
And yes, Thank You for your service to the United States :usa: :Beer: :tu:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. Congratulations on your new car.

Thanks for the warm responses! I enjoy seeing fellow SLK owners from other countries on the site too
Don't forget, this forum is called SLKWorld, not SLKUsa :) - most of the early members were Brits, we have members from all over the world, including a couple of spammers from Vietnam!!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California and many thanks for your service.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa Canada. Our wine country (Niagara) isn't far from you - so come on up.

Also ex AF - now the RCAF, again! :biglaugh:

I've been to Wright a few times, and have had the pleasure of knowing several USAF exchange officers. What did you do in the AF?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
work in the AF and never been to Canada

Thank you for the response and "welcome" and I'll also say thank you for your service!

I joined the AF when I was 17 and was enlisted an enlisted member. During the 28yrs I was able to move from E1 to E9 and ended up my last 5 assignments as a Command Chief (I assume this equates to a Canadian Forces Chief Warrant Officer) serving in Kuwait, Iraq (Apr-Jun 03') UAE, OK, then the first non-recruiting CCC for AF Recruiting. Prior to that, lots of different positions: munitions maintenance, instructor, curriculum development, financial resources, nuclear weapons, NATO TAC Eval inspector, SALT inspector, with 10 years as a First Sgt (taking care of Airmen and their families from birth - divorce - surgeries - suicide - death..very rewarding!!). I retired out and worked for a consultant firm (Booz Allen Hamilton) doing project mgt for housing development at 2 locations and am now working for Northrop Grumman as the program manager for AF Housing education working out of the AF Institute of Technology facilities here at Wright Patterson. Still not sure where life will take me so I keep all my options open...maybe open a winery in Canada???

Speaking of the winery, we truly enjoy visits to wineries. I had a trip to DC two weeks ago and we drove down to Monticello (Thomas Jefferson home) and took advantage of the wineries there.

I’ve been to 15 countries but not to Canada. I’ll need to see when the optimum time is to visit to take advantage of the fall colors along with good wines. Any recommendations would be appreciated!!

Your career in the RCAF? Were you regular or reserve?

Best regards,

Jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts