Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on site last few days --- last Sunday we took the car to EuroSunday show arrived at 8:03 --Jo went to get Starbucks and tripped on the curb-and broke her femur in the left leg ---- this is the one with the hip replacement ---- she received surgery yesterday (5hours) installed pins screws and cable's the hip is fine it broke at the attachment point -- she may be home this week end but cannot do any weight bearing for 12 weeks
intense physical therapy will follow now -- first wheel chair then walker and cane --will not get in the trips we wanted to this year but if I know her she will want to ASAP
Will keep you posted -- won't be on site regularly for a while -- so forgive me if I haven't responded or joined in conversations lately --- will try and check tonite to answer Questions about her and the Cruzer .
She say to pass on her love to all of you.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Very sorry to hear that. We all hope she gets well soon.

It could be worse. This last weekend my uncle's step-daughter was mauled to death by a bear in Romania.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:(Gene, so sad to hear this. Hope Jo gets home soon and heals well. Keep us posted. Take care.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Very sorry to hear it, but best wishes for a full and early recovery!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Very sorry to hear about this Gene. Our prayers are with Jo for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
WOW Gene, i'm so sorry for Jo. fortunately she has both you and cruzer8 as motivation to heal quickly. you know our thoughts and prayers are with you both. please give Jo a big hug and my wishes for a quick and full recovery. good luck to you in your new career... Nurse Gene!

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about that and that it delays your trip, I really hate it when these things happen, Once I used to fall on my left knee alot.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
that is awful. wish her well...... our inhouse doctor 'WImbeldon_slk' could have made a magical fix if he was present.
At least she can chartered about in style in your new SL.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
that is awful. wish her well...... our inhouse doctor 'WImbeldon_slk' could have made a magical fix if he was present.
At least she can chartered about in style in your new SL.
No problem, if you need any help drop me a line. Please tell miss world to feel free to contact me anytime :biglaugh::biglaugh::rb

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
very sad to hear the bad news. Hope she gets better soon!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Ouch!

Trying to catch up with everyone.

Sorry to hear of this Gene. :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would like to thanks everyone that wished me well and a speedy recovery!!!!!!

Stevie, Gabus, Doug, Bill, Eddy, Scott, Mohammed, Wooly, -1-, ierax, watsons, Wimbledon SLK, N4PWJ, Edward & Kevin: I'm sure all of your good thought have helped me come back quite rapidly---

I've been home from the hospital for 9 days now..... Flexion of my knee is at 65%...have to get to 90%. :flag: I only hurt when doing the danged physical therapy exercises!!!!!!:tazz: Today I was able to bend my knee far enough to actually get into Cruzer8 and a fabulous little run to the grocery store!!!!!!! :burnout:(with PT's approval)

I am absolutely determined to get back on the raod rapidly........the sitting around is already getting to me!!!!! I still understand I will not be able to put any weight on my left leg for 6 to 12 weeks!!!! I'm going for the 6!!!!!!!:Banane45:

I'd like to thanks each one of you personally, but this is my first day at puter and I feel like I've over done it!!!!!

Hugglies to Everyone, Jo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts