Registered
34 Posts
No jealousy here - just a mad rush to be first out the door get to drive it

Officially it's his - but I've logged more miles than he has - lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh my could I tell you stories about the fights this car has brought on! :soap:

When I met my fiancé I had a 2002 SLK230. Loved it to death but I was going through a divorce and it was in both my and my soon to be ex's names. Instead of buying it out my new guy for whatever reason was set on me getting rid of it... To the point of leasing me a Lexus GS350. I hated that car and leased a Lexus iS350 convertible when the GS lease was up. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when that lease was ending. I had been looking for an SLK and the Lexus dealership just transferred my new baby from their MB dealership to get some new exposure for it. I asked the fiancé if he wanted to go see it and when he told me to go I did just that... And put a deposit down on it. He went with me a few days later to pick the car up and the groans and snide comments started the moment I drove it off the lot.

Now granted my fiancé is almost 6'3" and doesn't really fit in it, but me and my Yorkie fit just fine :biglaugh: So the groans about not taking him into consideration haven't stopped and on a few occasions I've gotten, "I'm glad you love your guy magnet car so much. I'm sure the guys will be chasing after you in the summer when you're all tan and have the top down".

This is a battle he's not going to win. I work my arse off and pay for it myself.

Rant over :tu:

·
Banned
992 Posts
When I picked-up my g/f from LHR in The Hammer for the first time - no comment! I put it down to jet-lag.
The next morning when we were off for lunch, she opened the door into a brick wall. I put that down to...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Note to self... Do NOT park near any walls, brick or otherwise, while fiancé is in vehicle...

When I picked-up my g/f from LHR in The Hammer for the first time - no comment! I put it down to jet-lag.
The next morning when we were off for lunch, she opened the door into a brick wall. I put that down to...

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,562 Posts
I hate my SLK (Fastdawg), and I hated Lawnmower, I never drive them! My wife isn't jealous, she could care less and never drives/drove either of them. I hate taking pictures of either car, and I don't like talking about them or anything else! I'm also shy and an introvert! And I never lie!

..............(I'm a Dawg, remember!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hate my SLK (Fastdawg), and I hated Lawnmower, I never drive them! My wife isn't jealous, she could care less and never drives/drove either of them. I hate taking pictures of either car, and I don't like talking about them or anything else! I'm also shy and an introvert! And I never lie!

..............(I'm a Dawg, remember!)
...said Pinocchio. ;)

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,574 Posts
I think the Dawg's wife monitors the forum, let's help him out here! Dawg you got a terrible car, pay all the attention to your wife not that piece of metal that lies rusting in your garage.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,562 Posts
Yeah, but I would have rather sold you off to a band of Gypsies! I kind of miss that little car. It had "Character" to fit my rather bland personality!:NX:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think my husband is getting over the fact that I am so in love with my car. At least my long hair chihuahua approves that is all I care about. My husband couldn’t believe a teacher had an ornament made up for me with bling around a MB insignia...he just rolled his eyes. I can’t help it that co-workers know how much I love my car. My little slk is now keeping comfortable in a new state of the art sugar house sitting next to two 5,000 gallon sap tanks. It has been sleeting and snowing here all day and I dream about that day in the spring when we can be free again. Love me, love my SLK.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think my husband is getting over the fact that I am so in love with my car. At least my long hair chihuahua approves that is all I care about. My husband couldn’t believe a teacher had an ornament made up for me with bling around a MB insignia...he just rolled his eyes. I can’t help it that co-workers know how much I love my car. My little slk is now keeping comfortable in a new state of the art sugar house sitting next to two 5,000 gallon sap tanks. It has been sleeting and snowing here all day and I dream about that day in the spring when we can be free again. Love me, love my SLK.
Do you have a picture of your furbaby?!? Animals, purses, watches and my SLK all have soft spots in my heart :biglaugh: The fiancé is in there too :tu:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
...just like your other/birth family... but our vote is so much more relevant!
pic of you and the applicant?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I wish I had a picture of Bella in the SLK with me, but I don’t as of yet. Maybe this spring/summer I will snap a pic. With all of the ice we have gotten today and more for tomorrow spring/summer seem light years away.
Chi’s, Dansko shoes, diamonds, coats and of course like you SLKs have the soft spot in my heart.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.