Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,478 Posts
what makes you think they make a tuner for your car? just askin?
No one else does....no Kleemann at least

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,223 Posts
I only see for C-class??

·
96,478 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,223 Posts
Money back guarantee? :wink:

·
96,478 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG & 2006 Kleemann 55K S8
916 Posts
It seems there are a lot of people chiming in that don't even know who Burger is. I have a JB4 on my 335Xi and they work pretty well. You just have to remember what it is, it is a piggyback system. If you are looking for a moderate boost in performance and that is it, they it works very well. They make it for the C43, so I am sure the engine controls are the same as the SLC43. They have a very good forum you can check out and see what the reviews are. The Mercedes section doesn't seem very used, but the BMW section is. I know I saw some of the development they were doing and the gains were impressive. Go with the JB4 too, not the stage 1.

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Another option is a reflash. It will normally be smoother, but the JB4 is more flexible and you can change it.

https://www.eurocharged.com/products/c-75-/mercedes-benz/slc-class/-en113/slc43-performance-engine-software

·
Registered
9 Posts
jet_fl get's it :) I've sent several emails back and forth with BMS to get info. I'm paling to order their c43 intake system for my slc 43. If the intake didn't fit, they' take it back.

After talking with several tuners now, you can be pretty confident that a tune that works on a M276 dela 30 will work on the slc 43.

·
96,478 Posts
It seems there are a lot of people chiming in that don't even know who Burger is. I have a JB4 on my 335Xi and they work pretty well. You just have to remember what it is, it is a piggyback system. If you are looking for a moderate boost in performance and that is it, they it works very well. They make it for the C43, so I am sure the engine controls are the same as the SLC43. They have a very good forum you can check out and see what the reviews are. The Mercedes section doesn't seem very used, but the BMW section is. I know I saw some of the development they were doing and the gains were impressive. Go with the JB4 too, not the stage 1.

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Another option is a reflash. It will normally be smoother, but the JB4 is more flexible and you can change it.

https://www.eurocharged.com/products/c-75-/mercedes-benz/slc-class/-en113/slc43-performance-engine-software
my comment was referring to race chip

·
916 Posts
jet_fl get's it :) I've sent several emails back and forth with BMS to get info. I'm paling to order their c43 intake system for my slc 43. If the intake didn't fit, they' take it back.

After talking with several tuners now, you can be pretty confident that a tune that works on a M276 dela 30 will work on the slc 43.
Honestly I would probably go with a flash tune. The gains are higher and it should be smoother and drive more like stock. The JB4 is basically a cheater box, it takes your airflow inputs and cheats the car in to thinking more air is coming in, so increase fuel. It says the boost is lower than it is. so it increases boost. It balances out pretty well, but the problem is as part throttle it doesn't always match 100% since you aren't in boost. My BMW was certainly tolerable, but it wasn't factory smooth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's good to know. For the most part, I was planning to use it for "bragging numbers" and would probably run it stock or one their lowest map most of the time.

I want to use it mainly to run race fuel and their 6.5 map on some sticky tires to see what sort of 0-60 and 60' times can be had from the SLC 43.

The only downside of the tunes available is that their all or nothing, no options yet to swap back and forth, like say a Cobb tuner.

·
916 Posts
That's good to know. For the most part, I was planning to use it for "bragging numbers" and would probably run it stock or one their lowest map most of the time.

I want to use it mainly to run race fuel and their 6.5 map on some sticky tires to see what sort of 0-60 and 60' times can be had from the SLC 43.

The only downside of the tunes available is that their all or nothing, no options yet to swap back and forth, like say a Cobb tuner.
If switching maps is a priority, then yes JB4 is the way to go. I have a map set for a 35% blend of E85 that I ran most of the time (comes out to 97 octane), but can switch to a 93 octane map in 10 seconds. Map 2 is solid and is very stable, for the 335i at least. Map 1 is just a very slight increase in power. Map 0 is a pass through and basically shuts off the JB4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts