Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
1,298 Posts
Thanks
Has he ever liked a MB???
I have only seen negative reviews.

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
1,298 Posts
I have never experienced his shake , rattle and roll.
Never driven a z4 or boxer
Love my slk55 amg
Have lot of fun doing my mods / upgrades

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
10 Posts
I saw this yesterday, he wasn't exactly complimentary about either car! I don't think he's much of a Mercedes fan in any case.
You obviously haven't seen this review then...

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

He does like Mercs, particularly this one! His points on the SLKs are absolutely fair.

·
*Registered
2008 SLK350
8 Posts
Ive got an SLK 350 R171 2008 with an AMG Package . If you look after the interior and seals then the squeaks disappear . I have no Rust and the under carriage is good . As for power its smooth . Yes the ride can be bumpy but at least it feels like your driving on a road .

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
4,153 Posts
I was home alone watching youTube on the TV & saw it about four hours after it was uploaded..!!

He certainly don't sugar coat His car reviews...!!
One problem is He's testing "used cars" and not always the best examples..?
Plus everything on a Mercedes is an option..

My Face Lift R171/350 with Sports Pack would have addressed some some of His points, more power, better sounding with it's X-pipe, proper flappy paddles, black buttons, boot/trunk spoiler ect...

This was @Davyd1975 run down to get the car reviewed:

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
4,153 Posts
I've seen @Davyd1975 SLK on a meet and it's not a bad example of a 2006 SLK and importantly His car has been used and enjoyed on some real adventures - Like His recent Cannonball trip to France... (y)

Think You just need to be mindful when presenting a 15 year old car for JayEmm to review by making sure it's up to scratch, but I think He requests the cars at short notice...

·
**Registered 2009 SLK200
5,997 Posts
A Review you take with a pinch of salt they have to find fault in anything they drive or test etc

im sure if he test drive a mint 10,000 mile 171 350 model hed find an issue
with the hazard switch !! 😎😎

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
10 Posts
Exactly 👍

Review a Dog of a unserviced, Un kept, aged , Un Greased , Poor AMG 55 the Review will Reflect back a Dog of a unserviced poor SLK AMG 55 Simples

( or Any Car Review )
My 55 is in really well kept condition, very far from a dog! Is it not possible for you to admit that maybe the SLK is a little flawed?

·
**Registered 2009 SLK200
5,997 Posts
I imagine he can be quite militant!
At times but feed him inf he backs off 😂😂

Sadly in any Review they will find positives & Negatives to sell / promote there YouTube Videos …….
if they dont well .

Id like to know what he drives as a daily drive ?
and im sure we could all comment on that . 😎😎

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
1,127 Posts
ALL cars, models and years have some flaw or other. No matter who you're asking..

But as for a SLK55, the benefits outweigh the downsides by miles :). Literally :D :D. Or should I say "by liters" :D :D.

The biggest issue with the R171 seems to be the rear subframe. BUT, as stated elsewhere, other MB models had issues with that as well during that time, so it's nothing unique with the R171. How the R172 fairs in that regard is to early to say..

For ALL (!!) MBs it seems the garbage GPS and HU seems to be "the thing" to complain about.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts