61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I was going to save this until Dave got back but the devil in me says do it now. While all of us 55 owners were helping Dave inspect his new possible buy, I told him to pop the hood to look at the engine and the builder plaque. That's when I said "Oh my God, this is the same guy that built my 55 engine that blew up with <200 miles on it (true story). He said "are you serious" I said no but I sure did get a rise out of you!! We all had a good laugh!:biglaugh: This is one really clean car and a good buy.
That's an understatement. I almost birthed a cow. That would have ended that deal right there. I'm surprised my nose didn't start to bleed...:biglaugh:

Dave - got your shiney 55 yet? would love to see some more pics!
No pics yet, sorry. When we ended the day, I left my 320 with the dealer as he already has plans for it, I think. He gave me a new C300 to drive for a couple of weeks, and they are doing the Certified Pre-Owned refurb on the 55. I've been on the road since Monday, in NYC tonight and tomorrow, home late. They are fixing every minor door ding, paint scratch, new tires, new wipers, etc, and performing a major service on the car. That was all part of the deal. I paid a smidgen more, but I figured I wouldn't have to do anything else to the car for quite awhile. I expect that they'll be finished this weekend, but I told them not to rush and do it right. I am getting a wee bit impatient, tho

·
Registered
15 Posts
We should get together for a 're-inspection' to see how well they did fixing everything up. If we do it at the dealership, there is no telling what they will decide to throw in to make sure you are happy. :)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
They gave us a shirt and a hat if we promised NOT to have you guys there when we picked it up!
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Ahhh, the power of numbers!!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
They gave us a shirt and a hat if we promised NOT to have you guys there when we picked it up!
I'd decline the shirt and hat and bring the guys back for another get-together.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.