Not open for further replies.

January Atlanta SLK meet

9K views 68 replies 17 participants last post by  Bill T 
#1 ·
SLK Lunch and Drive.

When: Saturday, Jan. 24th at noon.

Where: The Bahama Breeze off Pleasant Hill Road
http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations2/map.asp?RestaurantID=3006

Then: A drive, maybe to Ferrari of Atlanta to drool over Ferraris, Astons, and Masers or somewhere else TBD. Sort of depends on the weather.

See y'all there!R)

#5 ·
P-cars are allowed!:tu: Plenty of hotels very near the restaraunt. Marriott, Residence Inn, Hampton Inn are on or near Pleasant Hill Rd. in Duluth. NE of ATL off I-85.

#10 ·
I've been before but not for a few years now. The guys that painted my GTO are regulars at Road Atlanta w/ SCCA racing. I love that track with those great elevation changes!R)

#16 ·
Great, hope you can make it. A 335, I hear those move quite nicely (for a BMW!!).:biglaugh:

#19 ·
and yes it will run...I was quite amazed.
OK, you've peaked our interest so now you tell her you guys have to stop by so we can get a looksee at her new toy!R)

#20 ·
Just giving this a bump as a reminder.

#21 ·
So it looks like you guys have to wait till next time for me. We are leaving earlier in the morning for the mountains so I'm gonna have to miss this one. Thanks for the invite even though I don't have the SLK anymore, you guys are a great group and I hope to be invited to future events.

#22 ·
Randy, you'll always be invited. Have a great time in the mountains, skiing I presume?

#33 ·
The deal is done. Advice to the rest of you, don't go have lunch with a bunch of 55 owners. Seriously, I've been looking for a few months and I finally found the right car. I traded my beloved 320 today for an '06 55. Photo below. More to follow as I actually GET the car. The local MB dealer is going to spend a week doing the CPO thing, and I'll take delivery next week. In the meantime, I know where someone can get a pristine 2001 SLK320. And I know what they paid for it...

Okay, now who had photos from the lunch? I was preoccupied.

Attachments

#35 ·
We have piccies, soon to come. Congrats on the 55 Dave! It was a great time, I don't think your salesman expected all of us to show up to help inspect the car!R)

Reactions: dmjonez
#39 ·
It sure didn't hurt, that's for sure! We spent maybe 5 minutes haggling over price, and the rest was just signing over my 320. I suppose we could hire out as a group anytime somone wants to buy a 55. When you show up with that many, there's not much they can do to mislead you...

BTW, the salesmen were talking about it for at least an hour after everyone else left!

#41 ·
Piccies as promised, just hit slideshow. Lunch,drive, and cruising the RBM lot, they had a lot of AMGs, was a blast!! Plus, this group is pretty much everyones nightmare!!:biglaugh: See what you've gotten yourself into Ken.:bannana:

http://photobucket.com/atlslkjan

#49 ·
Sweet! Cool pics, I need to show up at the next meet... I don't mind driving a ways, just need to find someone to tag along. Where did you all eat at?

Reactions: dmjonez
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.