Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster owners are invited to meet rain or shine Saturday, January 21, 2012 for display of their cars at 10:30 A.M. in the parking lot near the Starbucks at 1500 North Vasco Road in Livermore:
http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=1500+N+Vasco+Rd%2C+Livermore%2C+CA++94551-9217&conf=1&start=1&lat=37.717972&lon=-121.724274&zoom=16&mvt=h&trf=0

:burnout:We will leave around 11:30 on a 65 mile California back roads drive up and over to Discovery Bay, down through Tracy and back over the hills on Corral Hollow Road, ending with lunch at Harry's Hofbrau, Livermore. :Beer:

A menu of the lunch items available can be found here:
http://www.harryshofbrau.com/Menu.html

While this informal event doesn't require a RSVP, one is appreciated for planning purposes. :tu:

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Showin' off the new ride, eh?! Have fun, Steve. It looks like the SoCal group may be doing a drive on the same date.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Showin' off the new ride, eh?! Have fun, Steve. It looks like the SoCal group may be doing a drive on the same date.
Yeah, with all the business trips, selling a house, living in a hotel 5 weeks, moving in the new house, I need to get back to getting our activities on track; just bummed I missed the October San Simeon ride (was moving with a terrible cold, ughh!).

Hope you guys south have a great January drive....you know you are welcome anytime you are up this way...:tu:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Steve, glad to hear that things are normalizing, are you are all settled in now?
I'm still waiting for your AMG comparo...
Btw, did the dealer ever resolve the early satellite trial?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve, glad to hear that things are normalizing, are you are all settled in now?
I'm still waiting for your AMG comparo...
Btw, did the dealer ever resolve the early satellite trial?
Oh yeah, finally getting "somewhat" settled...although work has been crazy! Anyway, on the subject of the satellite trial, there is no resolution; I decided with this earlier delivery, the lost time isn't worth as much effort, so I will just take my time left and go from there. I did, however leave the feedback for MBUSA...for what it's worth. I guess they figure it is a "free" trial, so no big deal.

Did your car arrive yet Peter? Oh, I see it is here... How is it....?

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
I got it on Dec 30th. Both the wife and I really enjoy it. I was at the dealer's yesterday to sell them the 06 and also to have them look over some paint blems.
The car was sold, but my sales guy wasn't there. so I'll be back next week to pick up the check for the car and show them the blems.
I finally loaded a cd into the hard drive and tested the rest of the audio.
How's your new car doing?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:burnout:
A quick update...as of a week out, 13 cars confirmed without RSVP required...we'll see how the weather holds and if that has any effect.

:Beer:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Tonight's total response = 23 cars - 6 are Maybe

We'll see what the projected showers do to the total. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took a long lunch today to drive a "dryrun" :tu:

Great roads, no construction or hangups....Harry's Hofbrau will hold a section for our group...now we just need to make the most of the weather...although we usually have good luck and it is diminishing to light shower chance ;)

Latest addition of a car is 90%, bringing it up to 24 cars, with 6-7 of those being "maybes"

:Beer:

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Final count for tomorrow is 27 cars with 10 of those being "Maybe's"

Hourly weather forecast is for rain all night shifting into scattered showers of 30% until noon when it is to be sunny until 5 PM :rb

It will be another great event...:tu:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts