Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,330 Posts
This is off the shelf red art optioned edition 43. It looks more expensive then it is (65K with one round of negotiation - 5 mins). I think dealers get a huge incentive to move these last year in production model. I could have got additional 2k off if I had the patience. The red strip on the wheels is little too much of a bling-bling. The matt paint is gorgeous. The show room had a GT next to my car in a metallic black and this red art slc looked more stunning. A flat back E63 is a stunner as well. I was told that water stain it will never come off.. since this paint does not have a clear protective coat. The wax (not wax really but protectant) for this type of paint, cost arm and a leg. Acid in the bird poop will itch through the paint in matter of days... so in short this is a garage queen.
Congratulations on the win.. I hope you got the protectant & still have both arms & legs. Let us know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congratulations on the win.. I hope you got the protectant & still have both arms & legs. Let us know.
I did get the protectant and also did some research on this type of paint application and found out that Mercedes has re-enforced this with the addition of silica for strength. It is supposed to be harder than regular paint so in theory it can take resist scratch better (but not the UV). This type of paint finish is getting very popular in the 'hood' and many inner city folks are wrapping their cars. Who knew?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts