Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join me in congratulating the winner of our January 2018 Ride of the Month Competition, SLCaddiction!!!

SLCaddiction wins:

* The ROTM icon badge for his posting profile/user profile.
* His car featured on the home page.
* A free premium (1 year) membership for the winner (if not a subscribing member)

Thanks to all of those that competed and hope you will enter the February 2018 Ride of the Month competition.

Any previous 1st place winner cannot compete again.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Congratulations @SLCaddiction on the first SLC as a ROTM winner
It was close race all the way to the finish line, would be great to see some more pictures of your car in action.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
THANK YOU!!
I do plan to take few more pic and will post them asap. I also plan to do a track day (Sponsored by Mercedes AMG) this summer at Austin and will keep the team informed. Work is keeping me from driving the car. I have put only 400 miles so far but it already feels little smoother. The engine heats (water temp) up really fast. In dead cold night 33F, the engine will reach operating temp in 5 mins. The transition oil takes long time to heat. I cannot feel any lag from turbo so far. Perhaps I am not hitting it hard enough. My other car GLK350 has v6 and that motor is almost has a more on/off characteristics then this turbo. One would think that the reverse would be true. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again for the award.

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,986 Posts
Just stunning!

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is off the shelf red art optioned edition 43. It looks more expensive then it is (65K with one round of negotiation - 5 mins). I think dealers get a huge incentive to move these last year in production model. I could have got additional 2k off if I had the patience. The red strip on the wheels is little too much of a bling-bling. The matt paint is gorgeous. The show room had a GT next to my car in a metallic black and this red art slc looked more stunning. A flat back E63 is a stunner as well. I was told that water stain it will never come off.. since this paint does not have a clear protective coat. The wax (not wax really but protectant) for this type of paint, cost arm and a leg. Acid in the bird poop will itch through the paint in matter of days... so in short this is a garage queen.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts