Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But it's not!!!!!!

These people have probably never been in a luxury car whether MB, Audi, whatever.

For Ipad users:

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I agree with one thing they said:

"It's the dope.."

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah, my jaw dropped when I saw that on TV. I love how they state these are 'Real people. Not actors.' Last time I checked, actors were real people too. And they clearly are actors. If Chevy refuses to be honest with the public on something as basic as this, I really don't see why they can be trusted with any information they provide.

It reminds me of that retracting shade commercial where they say they also are real people and not actors. But I recognize both the actor and actress. I guess if they aren't A-list celebrities that most people would recognize, then they aren't considered to be real actors.

Just for kicks, I think I will drop by the local Chevy dealer and take a look at it. That should provide a good laugh.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Just for kicks, I think I will drop by the local Chevy dealer and take a look at it. That should provide a good laugh.
Can you get video of you saying "OMG! Is this a Mercedes Benz??" See what the sales guy says.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Luxury

Over priced is not luxury...
Quality and attention to detail are a start...
I have a 07 55, Sat Nav, quality...?:crying:
Plastic Fins on the Bonnet (Hood) I thought were Aluminium...:crying:
Cheap plastic door handles, attention to detail...?:frown:
Light switch that you can not see, attention to detail...?:frown:
Big V8... Good>:D
I do like my car very much but it is only of similar quality to other mass produced cars, in my opinion of course:grin:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Over priced is not luxury...
Quality and attention to detail are a start...
I have a 07 55, Sat Nav, quality...?:crying:
Plastic Fins on the Bonnet (Hood) I thought were Aluminium...:crying:
Cheap plastic door handles, attention to detail...?:frown:
Light switch that you can not see, attention to detail...?:frown:
Big V8... Good>:D
I do like my car very much but it is only of similar quality to other mass produced cars, in my opinion of course:grin:

Seems that MB really hasn't made that much of an improvement since 07 either. It appears that with all the focus being on weight and fuel economy cheap nasty plastics are being used over other more robust materials, hence all the rattles and 'plastic' knocking noises being generated even in my 2012 model.:surprise: If I had the option of buying this one new for $100,000 Cdn (with all the options I have) I think I would have probably looked elsewhere...fortunately I didn't so I will put up with the rattles and knocks, but you have to love that engine and exhaust note>:D which makes up for everything else:grin:

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Seems that MB really hasn't made that much of an improvement since 07 either. It appears that with all the focus being on weight and fuel economy cheap nasty plastics are being used over other more robust materials, hence all the rattles and 'plastic' knocking noises being generated even in my 2012 model.:surprise: If I had the option of buying this one new for $100,000 Cdn (with all the options I have) I think I would have probably looked elsewhere...fortunately I didn't so I will put up with the rattles and knocks, but you have to love that engine and exhaust note>:D which makes up for everything else:grin:
I am using my 07 Skoda VRs as a comparison to the Finish and Quality etc.
Skoda door unlock handles have nice rubber piece where your fingers pull to open.
The Sat Nav is touch screen and has a 30gb hard drive and is fast on updates to routes.
The light switch I can see but also a warning light in the dash tells/confirms the lights are on.
I did not expect the Aluminium look to be Aluminium I expected plastic.
Finish and fit overall is just as good, soft touch dash and door tops etc.
07 55 = £54000
07 VRs = £20000 both approx new prices, this makes the engine and roof around £30000.......
Still love it though as I bought it second hand for around the same price I paid for the Skoda and its got half the mileage.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts