Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all.

Bought my 1999 this time last year. Low miles garage queen, super cheap.
I have nothing but love for this car and expect to keep it as long as I am able to climb in and out. My wife takes the car whenever she goes out with the girls, which is a fair trade since her daily is a total momwagon.
I noticed a moderator from Rochester, NH, which is near where I grew up. My parents lived in Gonic until just a few years ago and I was all over Rochester last year after my purchase.
I inherited a few problems with the car, as it just wasn't driven regularly enough, but nothing that I couldn't handle, especially with some of the links I found here.

Enjoy your weekend,

Kevin
AKA Playdbluz @yahoo.com
AKA Nurse Stinkypants on Facebook

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Hi and welcome from central Virginia. Great top down day yesterday (Friday). Where in southern Va are you located?.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,468 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
It's odd saying "Welcome" to some one who's been here for 9 mos., but Welcome from Indy! I've had the top down(my SLK's, that is) 5-6 times(todays driving included) since I first drove my SLK home 13 days ago. Having the heated seats and Airscarf has made it a bit easier on those cool drives...this could be addictive...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome ... play

yesssssssss ... put top down yesterday! mama and i took a ride to catfish cabin. on the way home a VAN passed us. mama said HOW DARE YOU LET THAT HAPPEN. GET THAT VAN ... :burnout:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
yesssssssss ... put top down yesterday! mama and i took a ride to catfish cabin. on the way home a VAN passed us. mama said HOW DARE YOU LET THAT HAPPEN. GET THAT VAN ... :burnout:
:biglaugh:S-l-o-w-e-r top down driviing (smell the roses) is OK.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
:biglaugh:S-l-o-w-e-r top down driviing (smell the roses) is OK.
Only for stop signs, hairpin turns and critters crossing the road :biglaugh: ;);)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,052 Posts
Welcome from another windy city ( at least for the next 2 days) man it is really blowing out there. I am from usually sunny Carmichael California.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Don. We are in Halifax, Virginia. Had had a place on Buggs Island Lake (Kerr Dam) up until last year when we downsized, bought a little place in town, and I went back to school.
I like living in Virginia (moved here in 85), but it actually gets too hot to put the top down in July/August. That's crazy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah... I signed up a while back but just got round to contributing. Once I find my way around, I'll post some fixes I've put my hands on which I didn't see helps for (they might be there and I just didn't find them.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
I am resisting trying not to mention stinkypants (would've been a distinctive forum name).

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Hi Don. We are in Halifax, Virginia. Had had a place on Buggs Island Lake (Kerr Dam) up until last year when we downsized, bought a little place in town, and I went back to school.
I like living in Virginia (moved here in 85), but it actually gets too hot to put the top down in July/August. That's crazy!
:tu:Great, right down the road. I'm in Chester. Downsizing is good, it gets your priorities in order. Last summer was HOT, but you can always sneak in a cool morning or evening. Glad you're here (SLKWorld) and there (Halifax).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am resisting trying not to mention stinkypants (would've been a distinctive forum name).

I was dubbed "Nurse Stinkypants" by Dr Patch Adams this winter at a medical/clowning conference. Playdbluz is my long-time moniker

1 - 20 of 22 Posts