Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
hope everyone is well!

I thought id check in as its been too long since i last logged on , few problems at home etc has taken my mind off things so i do apologise .

Has anyone traded their old R171 in for the R172 ? i have seen the new Amg model and to be honest i am a little undecided . I think in the flesh it will more than likely look a monster .

Personally ive been looking at the Aston vantage , i havent drove one yet but on paper for performance it doesnt seem much better than the 55.... has anyone got any thoughts on them ?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
welcome back. several have traded up to the r172

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome back.. A friend at work has an Aston Vantage and absolutely loves it. Her previous car was a Corvette (C5 I think). Don't be fooled that fact the owner is a 'she'. This particular 'she' knows more than a thing or two about cars and can also pedal.

As for the R172, having intially not liked the photographs I drove a 250 Sport back in the summer and have seen a couple in dealers (not seen one on the road yet). I am warming up to the R172, it looks better in the flesh for sure and goes well enough. As for the top-dog version versus a 55, other than the comments I've already made about looks, I couldn't comment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.