Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temps have been pretty mild lately and the piles of snow have taken a major beating, roads are clear...so temptation started working on me big time. The car has been stored in our garage since end of November - hasn't been started since. So uncovered it, and sat in it for the first time in almost 4 months! Said what the hell, went and got the key and she fired up right away, no problems what so ever. Not that I expected there to be - car is kept in heated storage, but without a trickle charger.

Ohhh that sound!!!....let it warm for a few minutes then backed out and put a couple easy miles on it bringing everything up to temp and letting all the fluids circulate, easy on the brakes, just piddling around the neighbourhood and then back in the garage. Hope to be back on the road full time in the next couple weeks! But even this short run was a balm for the soul! R)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
wow first time in 4 months! how do you cope?? hope it gets warmer for you soon in newfoundland!! i used to live in toronto - winter driving was yukky.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you folks use salt and gravel on your roads? Here in Edmonton, we use some salt and major rock chips. This time of year most of the roads look like gravel roads rather than pavement.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Awesome, I had to store it for the winter too, a couple of months of torture, it's been back on the road some time now so I know how you feel. Hope the snow is done for the year so many more happy miles for you.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
What you guys (and guyesses) get on the East coast of the States (and Canada), we tend to get bout 2 weeks lata. Our forecast(in UK) is heavy snow, Sunday onwards.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow first time in 4 months! how do you cope?? hope it gets warmer for you soon in newfoundland!! i used to live in toronto - winter driving was yukky.
Unfortunately it never really gets all that "warmer" here, just less cold *L* - gotta love Airscarf! :tu:

Do you folks use salt and gravel on your roads? Here in Edmonton, we use some salt and major rock chips. This time of year most of the roads look like gravel roads rather than pavement.
They use salt only, but lots of it! But after a full day of rain, the roads are clear - so there is that to be thankful for I guess. I lived in Edmonton for awhile a few years back and I remember all the busted windshields!

Awesome, I had to store it for the winter too, a couple of months of torture, it's been back on the road some time now so I know how you feel. Hope the snow is done for the year so many more happy miles for you.
Likewise Ynot - here's to a great summer! :Beer:

What you guys (and guyesses) get on the East coast of the States (and Canada), we tend to get bout 2 weeks lata. Our forecast(in UK) is heavy snow, Sunday onwards.
Forecasts being what they are, hopefully they're wrong again Woolly! :tu:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
They're giving us a similar forcast here. I'll believe it when I see it. Good thing weather folks don't get paid based on accuracy...be a lot of starving meteorologists.

wwff.jpg

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
No Snow, 24/7 of driving; its a matter of choice do I want to drive it today or not !

Have fun with your SLK's folks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.