Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont' get me wrong, I loved every minute in my SLK55, but I wanted a fully manual car for my new love of track days!!! So I traded her in on this Carrera S. I'm going to have to learn to drive fast all over again, and thats the fun of it!
Thanks guys for the SLK knowledge, I appreciate it!
CharlieR)

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Congratulations on the Carrera S, if you need anything with the modifications ask me I basically know the car like the back of my hand and have modified a friends car.

For some nice mods, get the IPD Plenum, Fabspeed exhaust and evoms airintake.

Porsche forums 6speedonline.com, teamspeed.com, rennlist.com I am user "MeanMachine" over there

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alroumi, I am really excited about the potential for mods with this one! I will look you up on the other forums.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Nice, congrats on your new purchase, I've considered the the 997 C2S as well. I've always thought the 911 were one of the ugliest cars every made, looks like a squatting frog. My uncle is a long time Porsche owner and fanatic, let me take his 993 for a drive. And now I know why Porsche drivers are so loyal to the brand. The 993 is old and yet handles like nothing I've driven. It is truly a driver's sports car. He has the 996 GT2, it'll probably won't be long before he gets the 997 GT3 or GT2. Getting one would make me a hypocrite. :D Enjoy your new 911.

·
10,723 Posts
Ynot, the 993 is the best looking porsche to date now let porsche change those hideous bling bling looking oem Turbo wheels.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
I've always thought the 911 were one of the ugliest cars every made, looks like a squatting frog.
same here! I do like how the cayman looks and handles though, it's a shame porsche artificially limits the caymans HP to make the 911 look better. The Cayman is the perfect handling package.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Sad to see your SLK 55 go. We hope your enjoy the Porsche. Choices, there are so many. I'm currently in my happy place and don't see any vehicle change (SLK 55) in the near future.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dont' get me wrong, I loved every minute in my SLK55, but I wanted a fully manual car for my new love of track days!!! So I traded her in on this Carrera S. I'm going to have to learn to drive fast all over again, and thats the fun of it!
Thanks guys for the SLK knowledge, I appreciate it!
CharlieR)

Hope you enjoy very much. Porsche makes a great track car. If there is an SLK55, be prepared to be passed by him/her. I know the Porsche guys hate it when I pass them on the track. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a few upgrades on Monday!! Air intake and plenum, I can feel it in first gear and also in the 5-6K RPM range on the highway!!! Just exercising the upgrade demon...

I'd never been on the track against a standard Carrera or Carrera S, just the GT3 and GT3 RS. Both models ate me up in the twisties, but the SLK55 did well on the straight.

·
10,723 Posts
Evoms air intake and RSS plenum, if so congratulations they are great. If you want to get a nice exhaust system you should hear a modified oem PSE with 200 cell catalytics and X51 headers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.