Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:usa: Just got this accessory today and am really happy with it! You would be surprised at the amount of stuff you can get into it, and it takes up very little room because it sits on that raised ledge in the front of the boot leaving plenty of room for your briefcase, shopping bags, tennis rackets, most of your golf clubs (excluding Bertha). For less than $100 US, I highly recommend it! It is called a "lean bag" and it is Accessory #B66766260. I'm using for the everyday stuff that you want out of site without taking up the other cubbys or just having "loose in the boot".....micro fibers, qt. of oil, glass cleaner, extra cd's, etc. Very well made plus looks classy as a MB product should!

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The back of it has three straps strips of velcro that attach to the carpeted boot and two loops in the rear corners that attach to the inner boot lid hardware. There are also 3 straps with velcro used for attachment on different models. It seems to be very well designed.

·
Registered - Please update your profile
1,123 Posts
Interesting, I wounder if it'd fit horizontally in the little ledge where the navi computer goes (I don't have said computer so I have that "shelf" available).
For organizing space, I put some stuff on the spare wheel space, on top of the wheel, and some in my cargo net on the side.

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bleen, if you mean the little ledge above where it is shown in the pic I posted and the inside boot lid (the one you have to close to travel top down), then the answer is NO. Its is to large for that little area. But you are right, I have often thought that would be another good place to stash a few things if there were an instrument made to fit there.

·
Registered - Please update your profile
1,123 Posts
Yeah I was referring to that ledge... it has a piece of plastic on top that doesn't move, even when you close the lid for the top. The problem is that the rear end is slanted and that it doesn't have any kind of restraint so that things don't drop from it... a net would be enough, but it doesn't exist AFAIK... :-( Wasted space imho...

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Yeah I was referring to that ledge... it has a piece of plastic on top that doesn't move, even when you close the lid for the top. The problem is that the rear end is slanted and that it doesn't have any kind of restraint so that things don't drop from it... a net would be enough, but it doesn't exist AFAIK... :-( Wasted space imho...
I use the bag in which the OEM Lexan rear windscreen came in. As I have the NAV processor on the ledge, the bag is placed on the same space as pictured above. It already has two small lightly-padded compartments inside.

Pablo, you may be able to use this bag on that small ledge to which the old NAV processor is located. You can use several Velcro stickies as the cover is felt-like material. However, use this only for light weight storage.

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK350/YEAR? SLK55 AMG
13,013 Posts
I've been thinking about putting some netting up on that ledge on the '55 now that I've pulled the navidrive out....

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
5,017 Posts
This is very nice. I wanted to put in the cargo net until I found out it involved drilling holes. This looks like a very nice solution. And it's cool that it is OEM. Thanks for posting, I'll be hitting the dealer up for this in the near future.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,387 Posts
The back of it has three straps strips of velcro that attach to the carpeted boot and two loops in the rear corners that attach to the inner boot lid hardware. There are also 3 straps with velcro used for attachment on different models. It is very well designed.
6 straps and 2 hoops -I've seen hostages less trussed up than that :confused::confused:

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
6 straps and 2 hoops -I've seen hostages less trussed up than that :confused::confused:
Between the title of this post and Woolly's comment, it almost seems X Rated. I will take measurements tonite when I get home to see if it will fit in the R170.

Reactions: LIL DON SLK

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As promised, measurements are 32" long, 8.5" high, 4.5" deep but will bulge to about 8". Look at the pictures.
#1 shows the bag next to the oem windscreen bag that Eddy uses (I was using that bag for junk as well). In this picture, the lean bag is stuffed with junk and is only about 75% full.
#2 shows the junk that I threw in there to show you how well it can bulge, and remember it was only about three quarters full.
#3 shows my miniature schnauzer Max thinking it's bigger than him, he's got "SDC", Small Dog Complex, but he could sleep in it!

Attachments

Reactions: Bleen

·
Registered sold my SLK
259 Posts
Thanks for taking the measurements. According to my measurements in my 230, there's only about 6" height clearance when the luggage protector shade is drawn. Otherwise I think it would fit. Are there accessible "side stiffeners" or something that could be trimmed a bit to cut down on the height?

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think so. Even though the bag is soft on all sides, the welt material where the sides are sewn together must be wire because it will hold it's shape and height at the corners even when you push down on it really hard. Bottom line, it can expand, but it seems that the top will not cave in at the corners. I suppose a good upholsterer could probably modify it.

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
5,017 Posts
I just picked this up today. The instructions are a bit cryptic aren't they??? I haven't been able to figure out how to get anything through those loops on the upper-rear corners. Can you take a close-up that shows how you have the loops attached?

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Durk, I'm still at work and just picked my car up today from the body shop. It has been there almost 3 weeks putting on a few mods (it took a ridiculous amount of time to get the job done, but it looks great) so I actually haven't even put the lean bag in the back of the car. I will try tonite when I get home to see if I have the same problem as you. The drawing directions that it came with was a bit strange. If I remember correctly, it look like there were a couple of little hooks or something like that where you attach it.

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
5,017 Posts
There are indeed two hooks for this in the trunk!! I missed them this afternoon when I was futzing with the bag in the parking garage at work.

Pictures:
- The full extent of the instructions. WTF??!!
- The hook in the trunk hardware
- Bag fully mounted. Doesn't get in the way of the Nav!
- One of the bag loops around the hook on the left-hand side.

Attachments

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just got home, opened the trunk, put on my glasses, got out the flashlight, then got out the flood lamp, was almost ready to give up, and then I found the same damned thing that you did. I like this lean bag. Everyone should own one!

Attachments

Reactions: LIL DON SLK
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.