Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased a 1999 SLK 230 sport pkg with 5 speed and drove it from CT to AZ. No issues during the 3 k mile drive home. Soon thereafter I did oil change with Mobile 1, changed the spark plugs and replaced all filters and fluids.

That's when things started to go south. The engine started to blow oil out of the filler cap and also into the air filter box.

I suspected excessive engine blow by so I did compression/leak down test and each cyl held 115 psi min for 10 min each.

The new OEM plugs were spotless so I think it is not a worn or stuck rings.

Next I removed the high side breather system and cleaned. No blockage or issues. Yesterday I removed the fuel rail, intake, and removed the low side -PVC- system and cleaned the two air injectors. Just waiting on parts to put together.

I am hoping this will fix my issue. The engine has 134,000 miles which I was hoping for a Mercedes it would not be an issue.

I have read the forms on this issue and would like to know if anyone else has been dealing with an issue like this.

Andrew
Flagstaff, AZ

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,450 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,665 Posts
Stupid question but was the oil filler cap properly seated?

I got one tang of the filler cap outside the bayonet fitting on my first 230 once, drove the car 50 miles before I discovered the cloud of oil smoke and smell emanating from up front. ( It was very dark! )

Opened the bonnet to find everything coated in oil, it had blown out everywhere!

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,227 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe check your PCV valve and the nipple it connects to under the intake manifold...it can get plugged up or missing. I would check the air and oil separator as well for the same thing.

Does the oil reach to your MAF sensor and contaminate it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.