Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen some alloys I like for my 2011 slk r172 can any body see why these sizes would not be suitable

Attachments

·
Registered-sold my '55
905 Posts
Seen some alloys I like for my 2011 slk r172 can any body see why these sizes would not be suitable
I am not sure about the offsets? Are you moving up or one or two tire sizes? I am no wheel expert but IMO having put non OEM rims on a previous car of the offsets are not correct they require spacers etc. I am sure one of the other guys / girls around here can help you out. If not try 'search' if you haven't already I am sure that there has been a thread previously.

Best of luck...a pic of the rims would have been nice

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic for attention

These are the one I'm thinking about

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,446 Posts
Front will poke out 1 mm more inwards and 13 mm more outwards than OEM
Rear will poke out 2 mm more inwards and 10 mm more outwards.
I think you have that play.

·
Premium Member-sold my '55
1,384 Posts
Yes, you do have that play for 8.0 and 9.0. As long as you don't think about 275 in the back and/or 245 on the front (in 18" that is).
Max size for 18" are 235 and 265 (ET becomes critical here). With 19" you can take it one step further but be aware that not all tires fit in the same way. Some stick out a little more than others.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tpms

Yes, you do have that play for 8.0 and 9.0. As long as you don't think about 275 in the back and/or 245 on the front (in 18" that is).
Max size for 18" are 235 and 265 (ET becomes critical here). With 19" you can take it one step further but be aware that not all tires fit in the same way. Some stick out a little more than others.
Cheers m8 for the info can you also answer another question for me
Tpms which one is fitted to my r172

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
From your datacard, you have the following listed:
477 TIRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNER

From a little searching, I think this is the indirect system, although I'm sure someone with more specific knowledge/experience will be along to confirm shortly...

Reactions: Black knight

·
Premium Member-sold my '55
1,384 Posts
Agreed. In the manual in the chapter of tire pressure loss (next to last chapter) it talks about detecting pressure loss through rotation of the wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.