Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont see many SLK's usually but today I drove Leicester to Cleethorpes and back. A round trip of some 266 miles. I saw 6 slk's . 3silver r171's on the motorways. 1 silver in Cleethorpes who did flash lights and a black 171 parked plus a white 172 near home that I have seen around here before :))

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
It's strange, living in the poor impoverished NE ( :D ), I see far more SLKs oop Norf than darn Saarf. There are about 6 R172s I see on a regular basis, It's not unusual to have 3-4 SLKs parked outside our village pub.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
I dont see many SLK's usually but today I drove Leicester to Cleethorpes and back. A round trip of some 266 miles. I saw 6 slk's . 3silver r171's on the motorways. 1 silver in Cleethorpes who did flash lights and a black 171 parked plus a white 172 near home that I have seen around here before :))
one in cleethorpes !!! must be stolen :biglaugh:

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's strange, living in the poor impoverished NE ( :D ), I see far more SLKs oop Norf than darn Saarf. There are about 6 R172s I see on a regular basis, It's not unusual to have 3-4 SLKs parked outside our village pub.
My other half said they are getting too common tut. Just because we never see an Astra Sports Tourer like hers on the road. Even the main dealers havent seen one (91% are exported so we are told)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Exported? To where, Wales? Or overseas to Eire?!

Ah yes...Grimsby...makes our Heartbeats..

(you lot will have to translate the whole thing for the yanks)

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure where they are exporting to but in over a year we have not seen another one the same. The two main Vauxhall dealers in Leicester havent seen one apart from Jens either. Its a great car. Boring but great LOL

Heartbeat is further north near Whitby where we are headed next month before joining the sheep hunt in the wilds of Northumberland. Now thats an area where our North American friends would struggle with the dialect :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
This morning whilst me and my partner were sat at the junction waiting to leave the estate in our slk's, two 171's drove by with just one car between them. I then pulled out followed by my partner. There was then 4 slk's heading up the road.:biglaugh:

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
...I was born in Grimsby....!

Head back on a fairly regular basis to see the folks, and have a play on the A46 (Lincoln to Grimsby section)....

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...I was born in Grimsby....!

Head back on a fairly regular basis to see the folks, and have a play on the A46 (Lincoln to Grimsby section)....
The Fishermans Arms in Cleethorpes serves great food at a great price

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
..Steels or the Seaway fish shop (sit in or take away respectively)

You even get a pot of Tea and Bread & Butter at Steels still....!

Still meaning to stop by on my way to/from Leicester one day.... getting bogged down here at the mo....

Reactions: JonB

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
LOL - what a thread! ;-) I think the record was the first SheepCHase - 15 SLK's and three Corvettes.

The second most priceless moment was when we passed a Silver R171 that was NOT part of the group - the looked sorta bemused. First was the biker group and their "Fooking Hell - it's a bleeding hairdressers convention" comment! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.