Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my 2007 SLK 55 AMG and an interested buyer asked if it has a sports package and I said no. I Googled this option for SLK 55 AMG and could not find it. I think I read it a long time ago this option was very expensive and was more designed for racing and not worth the expense for everyday driving on public roads. To me, "AMG" is THE sports package. R)

Anyone know if there was a sports package option for 2007 SLK 55 AMG?

Thanks,
Peter

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,133 Posts
If you want your datacard (if you don't already have one) to assist you in your sale, post your vin in the vehicle datacard request section

until someone answers your question, look in the 2007 brochure here:

http://www.ragtop.org/mbbrochures/2007.html

it says it can be ordered with the sports suspension

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,915 Posts
There was a P30 (or P030) package which is probably what the buyer was referring to (unless he didn't know what he was talking about, and was thinking about the actual Sports Package which is available for the non-AMGs).

I don't have a full list of everything that's in the P30 pack although there's probably a post on this forum somewhere. But it has carbon fiber trim, 3-piece wheels, different suspension, steering wheel, probably some other bits.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally found good information about AMG sports package at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_R171

SLK 55 Sport/030/P30 (an option package on top of the standard SLK 55 AMG) Developed by the AMG PERFORMANCE STUDIO, AMG performance package adds following:[5]
  • Nurburgring suspension
  • Improved pads and rotors (currently the only sure way to get the pre-2008 6-piston front brakes and 4-piston rears). AMG high-performance braking system with composite brake discs at the front wheels. Internally ventilated and perforated composite brake discs (360x32mm) with 6-piston fixed callipers at the front. Internally ventilated and perforated brake discs (330x26mm) with 4-piston fixed callipers at the rear
  • Carbon fibre interior accents
  • AMG 18-inch multi-piece light-alloy wheels in a twin-spoke design, 7.5x18 rim with 225/40R18 tyres at the front and 8.5x18 rim with 245/35R18 tyres at the rear
  • AMG performance steering wheel with smaller diameter, flattened lower section and silver-coloured aluminium shift paddles (plus aluminium trim element)
  • delimited top speed (which is actually now standard on most SLK 55s)
Sounds expensive and unnecessary option for street driving unless you have money.

Peter

·
Registered
78 Posts
P030

I happen to have the P 030 package on my car. Just in case you wondered, the "delimited top speed" part of the package means that they raised the limit on the governor to 186mph. It sounds cool, and people then sort of associate the car with the higher end Porsche's, Ferraris, and high(er) end sports/luxury cars.
Joe Walsh's Maserati did 185. :rb

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
The P30 or also known as 030 package is the best option for the SLK55...includes things the car should have come with. If you look at the price differential, it's not that expensive. Hardly unneccesary, if you look at it, you might as well say the 55 AMG is unneccesary and stick with the SLK 200 or SLK 300.

Non P30/030 cars were also sometimes delimited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts