Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the automatic spelling fixer part of this site or Google? Not talking about the red ^^^^^^^^ misspelled word warning that appears under mistakes and words not in the G dictionary that you can highlight and right click on to see spelling suggestions. I'm talking about typing along, looking back and finding minor works (see here the word "words" was changed to "works") were changed from what was intended. Would think it a mistake, but often the bogus letter is coming from the other side of the keyboard. Can't make it happen again once corrected. Just annoying having to find not only my mistakes, but some program's mistakes as well. If it's part of this site, is there a way to turn it off? If part of my decaying mind, never mind.

RobertP

·
Super Moderator
11,045 Posts
There are TONS of spelling mistakes here (not just changing one word to another) so IMO there is no "auto correct" feature here.

Are you by chance using a cell? If so, maybe turn off IT'S auto correct feature. Then come back and give us the results :tu:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are TONS of spelling mistakes here (not just changing one word to another) so IMO there is no "auto correct" feature here.

Are you by chance using a cell? If so, maybe turn off IT'S auto correct feature. Then come back and give us the results :tu:
No I'm using the desktop. I'm paying more attention to what's going on behind what I'm typing and have seen some words changing so I know it's happening just not what's doing it. Generally I don't consort with members of the robot race so it's hard for me to get answers to questions like these.

RobertP

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you're on a desktop, it's most likely something in your browser settings. Only "corrections" I ever see here are that the site dislikes certain words describing things that go BANG! and replaces them with *****.

·
Super Moderator
24,227 Posts
If you're on a desktop, it's most likely something in your browser settings. Only "corrections" I ever see here are that the site dislikes certain words describing things that go BANG! and replaces them with *****.
Admin/moderators clean up foul language and insults.

Sometimes folks jump in when using 2 Ms in COMMAND.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts