Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got hit from behind at a stop light the other day. It did some pretty serious damage to the car. The trunk is so crushed that the rear tire can’t be removed and the trunk is a couple inches shorter than it should be. The entire rear is buckled up to the rear axle and everything would have to be replaced. Insurance is more than likely going to total the car because the estimate is extremely high. I’m trying to decide if it is worth it to try and repair the car or just let it go. Any advise/recommendations would be appreciated

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,853 Posts
sorry to hear that
get another 55 r171 :D

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I’ll probably try to part it out and pick up a new 55. It’s going to be a battle with the insurance. Just got a ridiculously low offer and a notice that because I agreed to it, they are auctioning the car off despite not consulting me at all.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,403 Posts
Seriously doubt the roof will ever work properly again. Sad to say but good to say: find a better one!

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally about to settle with insurance. I am going to keep the car and will disassemble the rear to see how bad the damage is. Salvage value on the car was only 5k so I figure I can get that much from parting the car if the damage really is as bad as the shade tree mechanic that insurance agency sent the car to said it is. Should know the extent of the damage by the end of next week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts