·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do y'all think.

The weather's cooling off.

The fire hazards are waning.

Traffic should be lighter.

There's a starbucks for the addicts at the base of GMR (opened recently, the road that is...) :confused:.

TheGhost should have fun :tu:

I hope a red crocodile car makes an appearance. :hail:

I may bring a Chrysler R) with AMG underpinnings.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Pick a Saturday, a meeting time (8am ?) and a meeting place.

I may be out-of-town the weekend of Oct 27/28.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
the 'croc' and 'drakon' have a bunch of things these weekends...might be tough for us to make it...6th, 13th and 20th are probably going to be busy, though we'll try if you pick a date? Anyone up for an outing other than a run?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I'm open for either -- outing versus run, or combination.

·
Registered
55 Posts
TheGhost should have fun :tu:
Thanks Tslick! yea man im in!!! just let me know when so i can request it off.

I must say kinda bum nothing happening this saturday!

Do you know if anything is happening tonight?
meet /run/ gtg ???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm down for a run on the 13th. I've heard of increased cop presence up there on GMR, can anyone confirm? Perhaps someone with a V-1 or something can lead. From trying to follow the drakon's 55 on the last run, I realize how slow my car is =T Hopefully my ride will respond better this time with my SLK55 suspension, PS2 tires, and Porterfield pads.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
dont feel so bad slkty, the 55 has the ability to humble and or shame alot of cars ;)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
:biglaugh::biglaugh: Try keeping up with V8SLK... impossible.. As to more police presence, haven't heard or seen, but possible with the rash of downed motorcycles this past summer.
thanks Tom! this weekend doesn't work for me. honey do's on Sat, and Sun is our 18th wedding anniversary so Kelly & I have plans...

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Happy Anniversary !!!

thanks Tom! this weekend doesn't work for me. honey do's on Sat, and Sun is our 18th wedding anniversary so Kelly & I have plans...
HAPPY 18TH ANNIVERSARY TO SCOTT AND KELLY !!!:rb:rb:rb

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
We still have the following weekends to plan on: Oct13/14, Oct 20/21.

·
Registered
55 Posts
^^^ hey guys nice cars! dam i only have the SLK 350 :(
and i know mine is quick so i can only imagine how quick the 55 is

Hey so how many SLK are in the group??

·
3,048 Posts
Happy Anniversary Kelly and Scott!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on your 18th Scott and Kelly.

I put a feeler out to Mic (Topless_in_SB) on the AMG PL about Hwy 33 north of Ojai but haven't heard from him. He's the one that caught up with us in his CLK55 cab at the Mt Baldy Lodge.

Eddy, the 20th or 21st sounds good. (10 days away).

What do y'all think of a venue, cyberdrakon offered an idea of a outing. I'm thinking the ridge but other ideas are welcome.

.... Hey so how many SLK are in the group??
Well, it started out with the folks that have replied to this thread, and grew from there. I've met a lot of cool people. Cruse through this event section since the beginning of SLKWorld to get an idea.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
3,048 Posts
How about a temecula/ santa barbara wine country run? beautiful scenery and roads, some wine, great food?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
October 20 or 21 is fine

... Eddy, the 20th or 21st sounds good. (10 days away)
I shall keep these two dates open -- how about Saturday October 20th. Meet at Starbucks on Huntington Way, Arcadia(? not sure about the city) say between 8-8:30am, leave for Santa Barbara (good suggestion Edward) around 9 am. Will we make it for lunch at Santa Barbara? perhaps lunch and a small serving of wine. Easty may know of some routes during his travel there.

Who was it that had an R170 in Simi Valley? There's a couple of R171 by Thousand Oaks. I think 9moon is one of them.

Tom, we'll need your expertise on route planning, as usual. :)

How about a temecula/ santa barbara wine country run? beautiful scenery and roads, some wine, great food?
Nice idea Edward. Can't beat it - nice drive, nice scenery, nice food, nice wine, nice company, ...etc., etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What do y'all think of a venue, cyberdrakon offered an idea of a outing. I'm thinking the ridge but other ideas are welcome
Hey Tslick why dont you all join the mymbonline guys this saturday we are having a meet here the info:

Where: Zen Buffet in Woodland Hills, on Victory Blvd

(818) 887-2688
21610 Victory Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA

When: Saturday October 13

Time: 4PM? It'll leave some time to mess around afterwards

Would be cool to get a big group of mercedes owners together.

So far confirmed going to the meet are:

1. Roupin
2. 03c4s
3. FreshBenz
4. Evil Driver +1
5. JD Black +1
6. davidmatthewhernandez
7. indianevodriver
8. BlackE
9. Arya
10. John99CLK430
11. JDblack
12. The Ghost +1
13.rgunawanz +1
14. Boostted
15. DropTop208
16. CLK FAN

The link is here: ( i think you all might have to register to read it)

http://mymbonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4847

·
3,048 Posts
i can't register on mymbonline, they have blocked either my ip or my domain (both of which i own...and i've never registered there before).

i might consider mymbonline thing, but Zen buffet has really nasty food if it's part of the same chain as the one in pasadena (fake japanese food...kinda like panda express for chinese food but worse).
Anyone else up for it though? I'm pretty busy this weekend, but might be able to squeeze it in.

i'll be in vegas from the 19th-21st of this month for a porsche meet. unfortunately the administrator for caymanclub.com is very difficult to work with and wasn't interested in allowing any SLKs attend (even though he is allowing a miata driver, and several rental cars attend). He's also charging a lot of money to do it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts