Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
( I searched around and didn't find a thread on this. All the threads I found the iPod kit was located in the armrest mine is in the glovebox idk if this is normal ?) So basically I want to use the AUX input because the iPod kit only allows me to play music from my iTunes library and not apps like Pandora, Spotify, etc...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I installed a Bluetooth receiver (ipod speaker dock Bluetooth adapter, 30 pin version ) on mine (also in glovebox) so that I could connect to iPhone 4s (hence the 30 pin version ) while keeping iPhone in cabin, not glovebox. If your iPod has Bluetooth this should allow you to play anything thru the iPod adapter interface. Obviously you'll have to get the proper version for your iPod cable type. Cost was less than $15 U.S. at newegg.

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
3,633 Posts
My I-pod box is behind the Head Unit, Factory Fit.
I have not attached anything to the Aux, I will have a go later and report back.

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
I thought (and I may be wrong!) that the aux in and ipod connector are wired together? If so it would make sense for the ipod if connected to take priority over the aux-in jack input. Have you tried plugging in a device with a jack with no iPod connected?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought (and I may be wrong!) that the aux in and ipod connector are wired together? If so it would make sense for the ipod if connected to take priority over the aux-in jack input. Have you tried plugging in a device with a jack with no iPod connected?
Nope at the moment only the iPod kit is functional if I try to use the Aux input I get no sound :/ if I can find a diagram on which cable behind the COMAND unit I can unplug to deactivate the iPod kit that would be perfect

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,242 Posts
Nope at the moment only the iPod kit is functional if I try to use the Aux input I get no sound :/ if I can find a diagram on which cable behind the COMAND unit I can unplug to deactivate the iPod kit that would be perfect
iPod kit uses the AUX input of the Comand, meaning you can use one or the other but not both. There should be an unplugged AUX cable behind your dash somewhere with 1 connector that plugs in the AUX input of the Comand and the other side is attached to a mini-jack plug at the right side of your glove compartiment. Find that cable, pull out the cable from the iPod kit from your Comand and plug in the original AUX cable. That should be all. Where the AUX input is on the back of your Comand you can find here at page 41. Good luck!

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
3,633 Posts
Just tried my PSP in the AUX with the IPod removed, no sound

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
Just tried my PSP in the AUX with the IPod removed, no sound
Was just an idea. It appears it's one or the other plugged into the head unit then. I never tried my aux jack only the IPod connector and now I've replaced the whole lot.

Looks like it's a head unit out job then to unplug the iPod connector and plug the aux back in.

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
3,633 Posts
Was just an idea. It appears it's one or the other plugged into the head unit then. I never tried my aux jack only the IPod connector and now I've replaced the whole lot.

Looks like it's a head unit out job then to unplug the iPod connector and plug the aux back in.
Burning a DVD is a cheap and easy way of getting music into the car. It all shows up in between the Speedo and Rev Counter and with a bit of practice can be put in Folders etc.
I purchased an old IPod from 2007 as my Lads IPod Touch would not charge for some reason, the 2007 one works fine but is only 8gb.
A HDD would have been better...

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
Get a classic ipod - you can upgrade the drives past the original maximum of 160GB

I stuck a 250GB one in mine and it's great for lossless files ...

Reactions: 55russamg

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK55 AMG
3,633 Posts
Get a classic ipod - you can upgrade the drives past the original maximum of 160GB

I stuck a 250GB one in mine and it's great for lossless files ...
I have a Pink one of these, got it for a drink off someone who did not use it anymore.
IPod something, it works as it's from 2007.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.