Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Meguiars White Wax which contains an advanced blend of micro cleaners, SMAT (super micro abrasive technology) abrasives and high-grade carnauba wax fused with high-tech polymers that clean, polish and protect. It made my white SLK so shiny but I'm afraid weekly use could damage the clear coat because it's a cleaner wax.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,745 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
92,745 Posts
read the simonize link above?

·
Super Moderator
24,120 Posts
I would think micro abrasive cleaners will be scratching.
It would just take longer.

Have you tried using your product and then a carnuba/smart wax (no abrasive) to seal it?

·
92,745 Posts
From Meguiar:

Re: Is there a rule to using "CLEANER WAX"?
Cleaner Wax is a great all in one that, if used very regularly (like every couple of months) and properly, can help to keep a car looking really nice for many, many years. No, it's not a miracle product that will make a car look like you've spent 18 hours doing a near concours level detail job on it (yeah, yeah, we know.... a true "concours" level detail could take a week or more) but when used regularly it prevents the build up of embedded dirt that can dull the appearance, and it can help reduce the appearance of very fine swirls as they appear.

To use it between a compound and a non cleaner wax is sort of an odd use for it, however. If you're going to "wash, clay, compound, "CLEANER WAX", and wax" then substituting Ultimate Polish for that Cleaner Wax step is a better use of your time. But if you just want to maintain a daily driver to a high level and aren't necessarily looking for near perfection, then "wash, clay, Cleaner Wax" can be a great routine to get into.

https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2012/05/18/cleaner-wax-pros-cons/

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a lot of waxes, lol. I got Ultimate Quik Wax, Ultimate Paste Wax and White wax. They're all Meguiar's products.

White wax does have abrasive cleaners but it makes my car the most shiny.

I would think micro abrasive cleaners will be scratching.
It would just take longer.

Have you tried using your product and then a carnuba/smart wax (no abrasive) to seal it?

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
If i waxed / polished etc my car once a week so far ive owned it over 6 years so thats over 312 polish / waxes etc

Would i be just rubbing / polishing the Laquer of my paintwork and eventually the microns thick Laquer will slowly start to thin out eventually ?

Now lets start a debate . >:D

·
Premium Member
14,682 Posts
Now lets start a debate
LOL are you crazy combined we Driveway Wax Heads do not have as much Experience than our UEBER Waxer Retired USMC Sgt Banks. Do you have any idea how many coats of wax he put on them Tanks during his time in the Service.:grin::grin:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@jbanks15 waxes his car a lot though. If he does it I'm sure it's totally okay.

LOL are you crazy combined we Driveway Wax Heads do not have as much Experience than our UEBER Waxer Retired USMC Sgt Banks. Do you have any idea how many coats of wax he put on them Tanks during his time in the Service.:grin::grin:

·
92,745 Posts
USMC? Sorry USA is Army

1 - 20 of 22 Posts