Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
When we're on a limited access hyway I use cruise control most of the time.

Driving along and coming up on another car, if you move over too soon, the other car speeds up so you can't pass. wait until you're almost on top of them and pass easily.

Move over for someone to pass, and they sit next to you often causing you to slow when you come upon another car. (yes, sounds like I'm doing above, but I'm using cruise control)

Be passing a line of cars, one will pull in front of you causing you to slow. when that car gets past car in front of it and the next lane is clear, they will pull over and speed up, why wait to speed up?

no matter where I park in a parking lot, someone will park right next to us. Can park 100 ft from a door, no other cars, and they park right next to us.

rant over.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,651 Posts
They park next to you because they know you won't ding them and ditto.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,651 Posts
it's enough that the original poster has crappy pot holed roads (salt used for snow removal, etc) and now to worry about all that. I feel you pain, believe me.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
I use cruise control on the freeways as much as possible as well, and recognize all those behaviors you describe. Uncanny :D. Something about human nature that makes people drive this way. I always wonder why this happens as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Or the ones that wait until your right on top of them, and they have seen you coming, then pull out in front of you and proceed to get 10-15 mph under the posted limit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My new fav are those that on a divided highway that always seem to drive with their high-beams on and blinding the drivers in the oncoming lanes. Meanwhile I very rarely use my highbeams.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or the ones that wait until your right on top of them, and they have seen you coming, then pull out in front of you and proceed to get 10-15 mph under the posted limit.
and then turn 100 yards down the road (look in the rear view, no one behind you)

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Well, my new favorite are people who back into your car in a parking lot, and then leave without so much as a word! :(

Ah well, at least I already had a new bumper cover sitting in the loft.

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Well, my new favorite are people who back into your car in a parking lot, and then leave without so much as a word! :(

Ah well, at least I already had a new bumper cover sitting in the loft.

OUCH! Is this something recent?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Happened a couple of hours ago, evidently - my brother just called me to break the news. He was as parked up having lunch with some friends, and one of his friends noticed it as he was pulling out of the parking lot. Said it looks like someone with a trailer hitch just backed into the car and then left...

Like I told him - not the end of the world, and I had a new bumper cover waiting to be painted anyway.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
Yeah that looks like the car was driven onto a curb or parking stop. Luckily is was "only" the black SLK, eh? :D

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Looking at the lower part of the bumper cover, I’d need more clarification…
Yeah that looks like the car was driven onto a curb or parking stop. Luckily is was "only" the black SLK, eh? :D
Yeah, that's "old" damage - one curb, one repair, one piece of truck tire on the road, repair number two, last time was some piece of metal, and I just patched it up a bit - for whatever reason, it's always been on the drivers side lower edge by the fog. That's why there's a spare cover in the loft! ;-)

Any CCTV in the parking lot? I can't believe Louise's car has been damaged before she has even driven it.
Nah, it's Louisiana, not London, so CCTV's not to common. Louise can't believe "my" brother damaged "her" car either - fortunately "she" loaned it to him! ;-)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.