Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm the very proud new owner of a 2006 slk350. It's great to find this forum. I have question regarding remote roof control. I was able to open and close the roof yesterday with the remote from the driver's side , but today, no such luck. It only works if I point it at the passenger's door handle. I've tried both remotes. I also hand washed the car last night... Am I missing something, or does it just sound like a warranty problem?

thanks
glenn

D

·
0 Posts
If the little IR window is clean then perhaps you have a small leak behind it and its been damaged.

Warranty it

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
I was about to say, "Get it fixed", but what you REALLY ought to do is get the RF module so you don't have to stand 3 feet from the car door, hold the button down the whole time, and be careful not to move. The add on module is a must for any SLK IMHO. It makes a huge difference in the usability of that convertible hardtop!

Oh, and WELCOME to the forum (if I haven't said that yet. so many new members!)

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Search the threads for SmartTop or vario roof module. It does have to be installed and is not the easiest thing to do. But it is WELL worth it.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.