Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I'm a new Mercedes Benz SLK 280 owner. Bought my 2006 SLK last week and the dealer fitted an iPod interface to the Audio 20 system which uses the 0 FM station (doesn't have an AUX button). The first time I plugged my pod in, the song/album details appeared on the stereo and dash but I wasn't able to use the steering wheel controls or stereo to move between songs, it simply changed the radio station. Thought I was being a plum so didn't investigate further at the time. Now when I plug my pod in, the display simply shows ATTACHED and doesn't display the song/album details. Having listened to the sound quality with the engine off it's pretty awful and I also noticed today that when the pod is plugged in, I get interference on some FM stations.
Can someone tell me if the interface has been incorrectly installed or is this to be expected because I don't have a COMAND system? Anyone advise how I can improve things without spending a fortune?
Cheers! :burnout:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,482 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London! *If* it was an MB dealer that fitted your FM to iPod interface, it was not an MB product. See if you can find out exactly what they did install....

I ask because I'm not aware of *any* FM transmitter product that will a] allow you to control the iPod or b] successfully implement RDS text to send title info the the HU. I'd really be interested in products that could do either....

(Oh, sorry! Welcome to the forum from London via Birmingham!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.