Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2006 r171 amg and i would like to know how and where i could get integration for my ipod in the car...would i have to get a totally new system or could i do something else...looking for a not so expensive method....

also, the system in the amg right now isnt the full navigation screen system its just the radio with the digital numbers

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK 55 AMG
592 Posts
Well, it sounds like you have the Audio 20 head unit. Since your car is a 2006, that is one year before the iPod was released by Apple (June 2007,) so I am not sure what retrofit, if any exists. You may have to ask the dealer. My 2009 SLK 300 has an Audio 20 with the iPod integration. But, of course, by then it was available.

Good luck.

Hi i have a 2006 r171 amg and i would like to know how and where i could get integration for my ipod in the car...would i have to get a totally new system or could i do something else...looking for a not so expensive method....

also, the system in the amg right now isnt the full navigation screen system its just the radio with the digital numbers

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Loads of threads on this very topic. One thing you could consider is upgrading to the "new" A25 head, which both has Aux input and would allow you to install a Media Interface.

The above would probably be marginally cheaper than replacing your HU with aftermarket, but with aftermarket, you could get more features (navigation, true iPod integration, Sirius/HD radio,, etc) for your dollars spent.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,546 Posts
I only had to connect a simple AUX cable to an AUX port located on the right-hand side inside the glove box. Connect the other end of the cable to the MP3/iPod, set the HU to the AUX input and voila!!! Music plays through the HK sound box. Cheap alternative for less than $5 (AUX cable)... thanks to Eddy (etyu) on pointing this out for me cos I was on the quest for a full iPod integration as well. The only down side is that the music is not controlled through the MFU or the HU... Check to see if you have this AUX port and it may just be the cheap (alternate) solution without the full integration kit.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
AUX input is only easily achieved on the COMAND head. If you have an A20, requires a soldering iron! :)
Like John said, the ultimate DIY on this is in a thread on here, or maybe and/or on Benzworld. If you have the skills then you can pull the HU, solder a connection on the PCB and you have the Aux In. The thread has pics and it is doable IMHO - definitely the cheapest fix to your problem.

I haven't done it, but I've thought about it!

Let us know what you do.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
. . . Since your car is a 2006, that is one year before the iPod was released by Apple (June 2007,) . . .
June 2007????? It was actually announced by Apple on October 23, 2001, and released on November 10, 2001. Are you thinking of the iPhone?

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK 55 AMG
592 Posts
LOL, yes.. my bad! I have never owned an iPod, so I always think of my 4S as one.. :)

June 2007????? It was actually announced by Apple on October 23, 2001, and released on November 10, 2001. Are you thinking of the iPhone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.