Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I wanted to buy the tomtom car mount, but it cost's 100€ - 120$ - 99£. And thats a lot. and you only can mount it on the window. And thats some thing I don't want. If you want to mount it on the dash you need to stick some type of disk on your dash :td: .

Today I did a test whit the reception of the gps from the iphone in the slk and it was fine. So I'm going to buy the navigon navigation app for the Iphone and a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack and I'l put the phone in the lil tray in front of the shifter.

That wil do for me. And to charge the phone I found this plug you put in the 12V socket.

I would like to see what you did to mount you iphone and what your ideas are.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
That will be a horrendous place to put a sat nag - some of the legislation against phones and satnag makes sense, but to look down there to see a screen is wrong.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hmm, I had mine in the drinks holder, and while it worked, was not really great - glare and small screen size are a bad combination for my eyes..

That said, I'd not like to have to look that far down to see it - I'd look more at the kuda style mounts that put it in the air vents.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
547 Posts
With the iphone cradle, can you also do the ipod function within the iphone, or is it limited only to the phone function of the iphone? (I know too many "phone" in one statement).
The cradle goes in the center console and you close the lid. It connects with the MB ipod controller and you use the MFD and steering wheel buttons to control the music. The bluetooth connects with COMAND and displays the info like the current bluetooth puck.

I looked into it, but the bluetooth only works with iPhones and we also use a BB.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
With the iphone cradle, can you also do the ipod function within the iphone, or is it limited only to the phone function of the iphone? (I know too many "phone" in one statement).
Yes you can. I have it all in my GL. There's a new cable that extends from the factory iPod interface to the console to connect to the pigtail on the cradle.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read your comments and stared searching for a solution.

And I found this for 29,95€

Kensington K66627US Sound Amplifier Cradle [Windshield/Vent Car Mount with Sound Amplified Cradle for iPhone, Boost the Sound of Your iPhone Calls & Directions

Do you think this is a good solution?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I travel for business a lot, and get endless hire cars, so I got a mount for my old Windows Mobile phone off ebay, it was something like ?8 from Kong Kong, and its the best one I've ever used, and the great thing about it is the tray that the phone clips into is swappable, I picked up an iphone one for ?2 form the same guy.

The only real problem I have is that sometimes I get huge People carriers with huge sloping windows in front, and its a next to impossible to mount the thing on the screen and get it close enough to be able to see the damm thing.
________
ultimate fighter

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I read your comments and stared searching for a solution.

And I found this for 29,95€

Kensington K66627US Sound Amplifier Cradle [Windshield/Vent Car Mount with Sound Amplified Cradle for iPhone, Boost the Sound of Your iPhone Calls & Directions

Do you think this is a good solution?

Vent mount is really close to the one I was talking about - looks like it would work nicely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.