Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of late I have have many problems with this site.....
It's slow and unresponsive, eg when posting text.
It drops out a lot (and logs me out for good measure)
It is unresponsive when I try to navigate around the site.

Soooo......is it my iPad or is it the site?
Any thoughts?
TonyS

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Hi Tony! I also use an Ipad and have no issues and we have had zero reports from members

May I ask what browser you are using?

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Tony, I often use an iPad to connect to the site (although using my laptop at the moment). The iPad I was using was quite old, and I had found Safari to be quite slow when accessing almost all sites, not just SLKWorld. I tried a number of other browsers and found one called Dolphin to perform much better, so I had switched to that.

Last week, I bought a new iPad, and Safari on that new iPad now works much better. :D

I guess my issue was that the iPad was just getting old... I'm sure there must be others using iPads with the site that will be able to share their experiences too...

·
**Registered 2009 SLK200
5,875 Posts
Tony, I often use an iPad to connect to the site (although using my laptop at the moment). The iPad I was using was quite old, and I had found Safari to be quite slow when accessing almost all sites, not just SLKWorld. I tried a number of other browsers and found one called Dolphin to perform much better, so I had switched to that.

Last week, I bought a new iPad, and Safari on that new iPad now works much better. :D

I guess my issue was that the iPad was just getting old... I'm sure there must be others using iPads with the site that will be able to share their experiences too...
Using the original very first ipad !
And it usually chucks me off here but im used to it being so old .
But my ipad air 2 never any issues .

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
also check the box to always leave you logged in if you haven't

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I think it's an IPad problem. I've got an IPad2 which is several years old.........I'm running Safari but the latest update for my IPad
I'll just have to put up with it till I can afford a nice shiny new IPad.....
......secondhand IPad2 anyone.......?

Thanks for your replies

Jeff - where's that box? I can't find it!

TonyS

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
So, I think it's an IPad problem. I've got an IPad2 which is several years old.........I'm running Safari but the latest update for my IPad
I'll just have to put up with it till I can afford a nice shiny new IPad.....
......secondhand IPad2 anyone.......?
I have an original iPad Mini that'll be for sale soon, but that wouldn't help much either! ;)

Jeff - where's that box? I can't find it!
Top right-hand corner when you're logging in (not there any longer, once you're logged in).. :D

Reactions: WoZ53 and jbanks15

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Yup
So logout
Then in
If you don't see it
Turn iPad sideways

·
**Registered 2009 SLK200
5,875 Posts
I think it was way back when the Slk forum updated its operating system and it did not play ball with earlier ipads with older IOS :(

So mr Banks please can you send me a new ipad ( 64GB slate grey air 2 ) please so i can continue using your forum without being chuked out .

Thanks ?. >:D

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
I think it was way back when the Slk forum updated its operating system and it did not play ball with earlier ipads with older IOS :(

So mr Banks please can you send me a new ipad ( 64GB slate grey air 2 ) please so i can continue using your forum without being chuked out .

Thanks ?. >:D
Pm me your address :D

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
All you had to do was ask! :D

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Anything you want!

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
what ios u running on that oldie but goodie?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts