Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I think I need to re-introduce myself as I didn't do it in 2006 and I haven't posted here for a few years.
I am living in the north of Germany in Bremen, where our SLKs are produced and a quite well known beer is brewed, the Beck's.

I have driven a SLK350 (R171) for almost 10 years and was very happy with it; no major problem, but at the end 197,000 kms on the clock.

So I bought in July this year a new SLK 55 AMG, pre-owned for three months by a Mercedes dealership. The interior is with black leather and piano wood similar to the black ash wood trim I could find on the US Mercedes-Benz page. The most important German options to mention are AMG Driver's Package (speed limit at 280 km/h) and AMG Handling Package (limited-slip differential, performance suspension and performance steering wheel) and the panorama roof Magic Sky Control. The designo color is called "Mystikblau", this could be similar to lunar blue metallic in the US specs for the SLK.

The new SLK is great to drive, very direct, very good sound and the fuel consumption is reasonable for such a big V8 engine. (10 - 11 l/100 km appr. 21 - 23 mpg) Okay, up to now I drove him quite relaxed and careful.

(I wanted to attach photos, but my space seems to be exceeded :frown:)

So if there are questions ...

Regards
Bernd

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,142 Posts
Welcome back! !!! Spend more time here!

Here's his pics!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK 55 AMG
11,306 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

WOW 2006, you should spend more time here!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I've considered to delete, but then the context of the old postings would be disturbed. Let's see, I think I'll subscribe a paid membership.

jbanks15, thanks for the offer, the e-mail is coming.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,142 Posts
get the lifetime if you are. the better deal if you plan on staying another 10 years!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Welcome back from Hillsboro, Oregon, Bernd! Both of your SLKs, new and old, are lovely. And I have to say that having a Bernd around here will be nice. My heritage is Dutch, and the spelling of the name is slightly different. But I count a nephew and a great-grandfather among the Berends in the family; now a German cousin of sorts in the SLKWorld family.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,264 Posts
Hi and welcome back, from the UK Midlands! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts