Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. I'm a new member here (been lurking for a couple of weeks). This is by far the most civilized, most helpful forum I have ever come across. Kudos to the moderators and contributing forum members here..

I currently drive an '04 C320 Sport Sedan and have been hankering for something with better handling for a while, so I placed an order for an '07 SLK 350 a few weeks ago. Production should be complete by 3/26 and the car should be here sometime in April. The specs are: Caspian Blue/Ash, 6MT, AMG Sport Pkg, P2, Heating, Lighting, iPod kit. I negotiated a price around 6% below MSRP (plus free all-season mats - woo-hooo!). Do you think this is a reasonable price?

I have a question for the wheel/tire experts here: Several months ago, I bought a set of 18" AMG Style IV double-spoke wheels with Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires for the C320. Here are the specs:

Wheels: 18x7.5 ET30 Front, 18x8.5 ET34 Rear
Tires: 225/40/18 Front, 255/35/18 Rear

Will these wheels/tires fit on the SLK350? I'm particularly concerned about the wheel offsets since they are different from the offsets on the OE wheels on any of the SLKs.

Cheers all!

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
A Warm Welcome from Kuwait and Welcome to SLKworld!
All I can say is Congradulations, youve selected one of the best colours on the SLK-class and so is the interior a good choice; I hope you enjoy it in good health.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome Zinga! and congratulations on a beautiful color combo for the 350. Ynot is the expert on wheels and offsets.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Welcome to the forum Zinga! Enjoy your stay and post often!! :tu:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
welcome to the forum. kind bunch around here.
Ynot is the member to answer your alloys question.
your slk sounds sounds great, good spec and nice colour combo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words everyone.

I actually haven't seen Caspian Blue in real life, but saw many awesome photos on here and made my decision based on that! I wonder if others did the same thing because it's a relatively rare color.

My current car is Black Opal which I love and would have picked again if it were available. It's a true chameleon: black/greenish blue/blue/purple/yellow..

Well, maybe not yellow ;)

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Congrats and welcome, another 6sp SLK, great choice, your wheels will fit if it clears the brake calipers. The front will stick out a bit and the rear might need spacers to make it flushed. I'm no expert, just have experience b/c that's usually my second mod, after airfilters. Enjoy the forum

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Caspian Blue? Excellent choice, but then I am rather biased! :tu:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ynot, thanks for the advice. I will mount the 18" wheels on the car and check the caliper clearances before deciding whether to keep them or not.

FishtailnZ, your Road Trip photos (Marystown?) were very helpful in selling me on Caspian Blue. Nice photography btw..

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Glad to be of help Zinga, and thanks for the compliments on my poor photog skills!

BTW you know (of) Marystown? If you do know the area, the pics were taken in and around Grand Bank and Frenchman's Cove.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.