Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just picked up my 03 SLK 230 yesterday (purchased from the Auto Haus in Yorktown VA, a very good no pressure dealership, very nice sales people), and could NOT be happier with it! It's so fun to drive and mother nature smiled upon me today with a beautiful 73 degrees, so the top was down :) I love this car!!

enjoy the pic:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld from Germany Devlyn!! 73 in VA, huh? With all those winter storms around...very nice. :tu:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually... my wife and I are in NC atm.. thats where the 73 degrees was at.. it was more in the high 50's in VA.

Our main reason for buying a german car is because we are heading to Spangdahlem, Germany in March for 4 years. We're super excited. :bannana:

*edit* btw... Designo, question for you, I've googled and I cant find the answer and I was wondering if you might know. What are the tint laws in Germany like? I see some things saying that I have to have an approval number stamped into the film and this and that. Does that mean I cant tint my windows in the states before taking it to Germany? How does this work for military?

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Hi everyone, I just picked up my 03 SLK 230 yesterday (purchased from the Auto Haus in Yorktown VA, a very good no pressure dealership, very nice sales people), and could NOT be happier with it! It's so fun to drive and mother nature smiled upon me today with a beautiful 73 degrees, so the top was down :) I love this car!!

enjoy the pic:biglaugh:

Welcome Devlyn. I used to live in Hampton a few years ago. Now in Georgia.

dj

·
2,624 Posts
Actually... my wife and I are in NC atm.. thats where the 73 degrees was at.. it was more in the high 50's in VA.

Our main reason for buying a german car is because we are heading to Spangdahlem, Germany in March for 4 years. We're super excited. :bannana:

*edit* btw... Designo, question for you, I've googled and I cant find the answer and I was wondering if you might know. What are the tint laws in Germany like? I see some things saying that I have to have an approval number stamped into the film and this and that. Does that mean I cant tint my windows in the states before taking it to Germany? How does this work for military?
Glad to hear you'll be in the Bitburg area! We live in Kaiserslautern. Once you get settled, we'll have to hook up! But don't hesitate to ask any questions in the meantime. This is our second time here.

Don't waste your money on tinting unless you only want to do the back window. The vehicle inspection folks will make you take it off unless it's factory glass tint. It's not like in the States where some places allow anything from 30% to limo. 2 years ago they started enforcing a no-tint rule on the front side windows for USAREUR registered vehicles. I had just had my windows on my car and the wife's Vue tinted in Vegas prior to coming over. They made me take it off the SLK (only the back is tinted). I didn't have to take the tint off the wife's since it was brand new at the time and didn't have to be inspected for 2 years. I'll be taking it off the front & windshield here shortly.

Reactions: Devlyn

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks alot, that really sucks though.... but thanks for the answer lol.

*edit* tried to send you a PM but apparently i need 8 more posts....

·
2,624 Posts
Thanks alot, that really sucks though.... but thanks for the answer lol.

*edit* tried to send you a PM but apparently i need 8 more posts....
LOL...I'll wait, I'm not going anywhere.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Hi and welcome. Congratulations on the SLK. You're just east of me on I-64 in Virginia. I assume your're active duty Air Force with your location and assignment to Germany. I'm a Air Force vet and did that overseas thing many years ago. Wonderful experience. Enjoy your SLK and your new assignment.
:usa:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,650 Posts
DSC_0026.jpg Welcome from Oregon. Enjoy your new ride and the weather. May be a few weeks before I can get ours out of the driveway.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Greetings from Atlanta!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.