1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
* Registered
2013, SLK250 cdi AMG
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Just bought my first SLK.
I've never driven an automatic before so still getting used to that.
Have to say I'm loving the car. Everyone so far has been very complimentary about it. The missis wasn't sure when I told her what I'd bought but as soon as she set eyes on it she loved it. She loves driving it too. I have a special edition badge on the centre console and also on both sides of the car above the air vent. I can't find any info about a special edition. I don't know if the previous owner has added these or if it's genuinely a special edition?
It's a 62 250 cdi AMG, UK.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
32,361 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, this may help.

Our forum rules:

There's a link to R170/171/172's do it yourself threads below.
R170 DIYS:- SLK R170 class DIY
R171 DIYS:- SLK R171 Class DIY
R172 DIYS:- SLK R172 Class DIY

Some useful tips in this section for new Members and prospective owners.
>>>Link to new owner guides<<<

You can find your region by scrolling down the page on this link
This is the place to look for tours, meets & events near to you.

Look across the banner and you'll see three vertical dots.
Many questions on how to use the forum and it's features answered there.
You'll also find the >>>FAQs<<<

Click the 5 horizontal lines near the banner.
Scroll down and you'll find a huge section of info.

You can research your questions here.
Here's how to search:

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,372 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

operators-manual

mods you should do:
smarttop

What is this SmartTOP all the members keep talking about?

Lube those seals:

Your brochure:
Mercedes Brochure Archive

Free Gift!: Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

FREE!! How to get a free datacard!

Thank you
Jeff
Administrator/Founding Member

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,372 Posts
to my knowledge only r171 had any special editions:

r171

Special Editions
"Edition 10" (2007): a version commemorating the 10th anniversary of SLK-Class vehicles. The concept vehicle originally appeared in 2006 Paris Motor show[15] and was based on SLK 280 with 7G-TRONIC transmission, matt-grey metallic body; dark-grey painted, high-sheen light-alloy wheels in a ten-spoke design with 225/45R17 front and 245/40R17 rear tires; black leather seats and interior with silver-coloured under layer; AIRSCARF neck-level heating system, THERMOTRONIC automatic climate-control system, PARKTRONIC parking aid, COMAND system with Europe-wide navigation.

The production versions were available in SLK 200 KOMPRESSOR, SLK 280, SLK 350 models, which include 'allanite grey Magno' body, wheel and tires, and interior from the show car. AIRSCARF, THERMOTRONIC, and COMAND were offered separately.[16]

2LOOK Edition (2009): a limited appearance package available for SLK 200 KOMPRESSOR, SLK 300 and SLK 350 models, which included calcite white, black, obsidian black metallic, or designo mystic white (300 units total for obsidian black metallic and designo mystic white) body 18-inch 5-twin-spoke titanium silver or chrome shadow alloy wheels with 225/40R18 front and 245/35R18 rear tires, discreet emblems on the wings and a windblocker of transparent acrylic glass, nappa leather seats with the seat centre panels in white and the contoured bolsters in black, contrasting black-and-white doors and centre armrest in leather.

The vehicle was unveiled in the 2009 Geneva Motor Show.[17]

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
7,899 Posts
Welcome from Mersea Island, Essex, UK.

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
17,052 Posts
Welcome from Canada 😄 🇨🇦

·
* Premium Member
SLK 200 R172 2011 🇮🇹
177 Posts
Welcome from Italy!
For R172 I acknowledge a 1st Edition and a Carbon Look Edition...
If yours has Magic Sky should be 1st Edition and if it has carbon interiors and leather seats with green trims a Carbon Look...
Although if does not have any of this possibly the previous owner added some stickers, this may be true also due to the refurbished black wheels and red painted calipers....

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
17,052 Posts
I can't find any info about a special edition. I don't know if the previous owner has added these or if it's genuinely a special edition?
I would hazard a guess that although it "might" be an SE, I found one advertised as such in Australia with no badging. Notwithstanding Danny's (above) comments, any other make (Honda for example) SE's I've seen might have a "perk" either added or deleted but something that makes it "special", well I guess it depends on your point of view

No badges like yours on this one so it seems it's just been added by the previous owner, similar to what folks do when they add stuff (like AMG badges). Only true AMG's are 32's and 55's though. Other cars marketed by MB as AMG's just have some extra stuff (like skirts, etc) added at the factory production end.

Reactions: Danny1980

·
* Premium Member
SLK 200 R172 2011 🇮🇹
177 Posts
I would hazard a guess that although it "might" be an SE, I found one advertised as such in Australia with no badging. Notwithstanding Danny's (above) comments, any other make (Honda for example) SE's I've seen might have a "perk" either added or deleted but something that makes it "special", well I guess it depends on your point of view

No badges like yours on this one so it seems it's just been added by the previous owner, similar to what folks do when they add stuff (like AMG badges). Only true AMG's are 32's and 55's though. Other cars marketed by MB as AMG's just have some extra stuff (like skirts, etc) added at the factory production end.
Possibly the previous owner made it SPECIAL...
But if is special for you this is enough to make it special I guess...

Are the stickers similar to this ones?

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
17,052 Posts

·
Super Moderator (UK)
32,361 Posts
It is not unknown for dealers to also add badges like SE.
They might add better carpets, mud flaps, pigs ears, spoiler or other bits of not too expensive trim.
All marketing aids and based on the same philosophy as MB use with the AMG trim badges on cars that are not AMG. AMG originally meant the 32, 55 & 43 models, although some argue over the 43.
By adding skirting, different bodywork, sometimes brake and suspension upgrades they created the AMG line.

Get your data card and see what is listed on the official options list from MB.

·
* Premium Member
SLK 200 R172 2011 🇮🇹
177 Posts
It is not unknown for dealers to also add badges like SE.
They might add better carpets, mud flaps, pigs ears, spoiler or other bits of not too expensive trim.
All marketing aids and based on the same philosophy as MB use with the AMG trim badges on cars that are not AMG. AMG originally meant the 32, 55 & 43 models, although some argue over the 43.
By adding skirting, different bodywork, sometimes brake and suspension upgrades they created the AMG line.

Get your data card and see what is listed on the official options list from MB.
SLC 43 is not AMG :ROFLMAO: is AMG Line...
At the moment last V8 AMG is 55...
Sad but true...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.