Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was so freaking funny to me, I just had to post it up. We are expecting a big snow tonight here in North Carolina and my SLk230 has a bit of a drip on the drivers side window where the Vario Roof seals meet. I stopped by the auto parts store to try and find some silicone grease to seal things up until I can adjust and/or replace the seals. All the parts stores had to offer was the usual thin body spray silicone lubricant. I asked my wife, since she was going by the Dollar Store, to see if by any chance they had some kind of silicone grease. You never know, right? Lo and behold she comes home with a big smile on her face and hands me a tube of Durex RealFeel Long Lasting Pleasure Gel with Silicone. I applied it liberally to the roof and window seals. Poured a generous amount of water all across the roof surface and all be damned if it didn't work. No leak!

So there you have it.
Todays hot tip.
I'll update after the storm passes.

Happy Friday everyone. :smile:

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,223 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,223 Posts
same design for ages..

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,719 Posts
Make sure you use that gel in the privacy of your own garage. Door closed please. Police may be notified if excessive sounds disturb your neighbours.

Reactions: 1999slk

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,719 Posts
This thread can easily slide into a place we should'nt goto in public so lets keep it PG13 please.
We can all contribute. I'm sure there was no pun intended on your part LFOD.

hehe :grin:

Reactions: 1999slk

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Well, it's accurate to say it is a pleasure when that roof finally stops squeaking. And if it doesn't fix the roof seals the product is unlikely to go to waste.

Had a cold snap here lately with temps down to 40F at night, seems things stiffen up under those conditions prompting my buddy to comment "...the SLK really creaks and squeaks a lot." I've applied GF twice in 6 years, guess I got used to the noise. Will be Gummi Pflege'ing with more frequency going forward.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Had a cold snap here lately with temps down to 40F at night, seems things stiffen up under those conditions prompting my buddy to comment "...the SLK really creaks and squeaks a lot."

Cold snap? I drove mine to work yesterday and it was 15 below. These cars are pretty decent in cold weather. Tires and shocks get a little firm but that's about it. BTW the first time it hits 40 around here (april), I'll have the top down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This should be a solid test of the pleasure gel's capabilities. Could have a real winner here. I'm certain it will stop squeaks, it only cost $1 and I'm pretty sure Gummi Pfledge won't be as useful on a date.

Attachments

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
@1999slk Don't take this the wrong way, but it occured that if the wife brought home this stuff and it's a "snowed in" kind of weekend, maybe it's a hint there's even more fun to be had besides just fixing the Vario Roof. Just saying, make the most every opportunity! :wink:

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,193 Posts
This should be a solid test of the pleasure gel's capabilities. Could have a real winner here. I'm certain it will stop squeaks, it only cost $1 and I'm pretty sure Gummi Pfledge won't be as useful on a date.

At least he will have a good excuse for it being in the glove box - "I need to lubricate my rubber"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.