Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I get these codes EVERY morning with NO SC operation, almost limp mode. After clearing the codes a few times and the car warms the performance is back. Could this be a symptom of the K-40 relay as it seems that thing causes most of the drivability issues? Also the BAP/EPS dash light comes on almost every day too. Today I stopped the car. Turned it off and back on, no BAP/EPS so I turned the EPS off and had full power! Anybody want to take a stab with this?

·
**Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,539 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are the codes. Very odd. Came for about 4 days. I opened the ECU/K-40 box and checked the fuses and now it is all working again. I would clear the codes yet it still was in limp mode. Would just floor it and usually after a shift power came back. See,s like something was loose or got warm and straightened out. If it happens again I may go for new K-40 as that seems to cause the same symptoms?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leapyfish thanks. I never even saw that you listed links which I will check out now. I don't see the "P" but those are correct, I'll keep you posted. Links are cool but they did not say where the sensor is located and it is usually the p0235 on always and if it revs above 4000rpm I get the BAP/EPS light.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. have tried a few different tunes and the bap/esp comes on at high rpm's. The p0235 is always on even if I have no CEL. I find it with my software from eurocharged. Time for a shop I guess.

Does anyone know the location of the sensor? I believe it is also called the MAP sensor? I found a part on amazon but cannot find where to ask a question!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
OK. have tried a few different tunes and the bap/esp comes on at high rpm's. The p0235 is always on even if I have no CEL. I find it with my software from eurocharged. Time for a shop I guess.

Does anyone know the location of the sensor? I believe it is also called the MAP sensor? I found a part on amazon but cannot find where to ask a question!
Get the car scanned for BAS/ESP codes. Maybe they will point you in the right direction for solving both issues.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RESOLVED! The relay is right next to the upper SC pulley, in fact they go right behind it. Just got the moisture out. That is why I would not have boost until the car warmed. humid here SW Florida

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I will get the connection protected with the dielectric and and get the sires covered with some electrical tape as I saw some small cracks in the wires and hence the lack of boost on humid mornings and then after the car warmed up boost again. Thanks all for the support, mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.