Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

just got selected for an extra crossing to London tonight (Air Canada 888 for flight stalkers).

I would like to suggest an informal get together tomorrow afternoon for a pint and nosh. First suggestion would be Borough Market (Southwark, London Bridge tube, exit Borough High Street - Porters Arms pub there); alternates might be somewhere near Regent's Park (NW, Baker Street Tube), Camden, St Johns Wood?

Forecast is top down, 15C, mostly sunny.

Anyone? Bueller?

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,669 Posts
Forecast is good? Funny the news this morning was saying it's going to be carp till Saturday. To be fair though the BBC is still saying it's going to rain all day in mid Sussex and I haven't seen a drop all day. Even had the top down most of the day.

I see they have adjusted the forecast for tomorrow now, expecting fine and 0 octas around lunctime as you say. They take their weather from the Met department who these days seem incapable of offering anything like a forecast more than about 20 minutes in to the future. That's in spite of the tax payer buying them £2 BILLION on the new weather supercomputer and support systems!

Try to stay out of London unfortunately otherwise I'd swing by. Gatwick is close to me you need to change who you drive for! :)

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Goo idea, but I'll be flying tomorrow (a lot lower and slower!!) so can't make it ...

Cheers
Sean

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nimbus... take the tube in? LGW...not likely to want to fly for anyone there...

Sean...if we pick somewhere near Regent's Park, you could land, quaff a pint..and be on your way!

Who's the new lad in NW?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts